Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Gratuitous Bird and Dog Photos

Tough hunting today.
CA116329-AAF3-410C-AC63-C34BDDC4EC90.jpeg
We pushed this old bird for about 200 yards, before we finally got him hemmed in at the end of the grass strip. He held about 1/2 second for the point.
CC41435E-848E-4026-8E18-F34D70BB015D.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Tough hunting today.
View attachment 249495
We pushed this old bird for about 200 yards, before we finally got him hemmed in at the end of the grass strip. He held about 1/2 second for the point.
View attachment 249496
Tough here as well. Foot of snow over the last two days and five degrees F. Fortunately no wind to speak of. Yesterday was brutal. Only hunted about five miles round trip. Saw two roosters today. Trigger frozen and couldn't make an easy shot at first one. Finally got my gun working and finished with a mixed bag sharpie, rooster, and Hun. Missed another sharpie. Lots of Huns. Yesterday bagged a sharpie and rooster in same draw ... but brutal conditions with wind. Four muleys in there yesterday. Eleven today. No bucks.

Last edited:
Got out for an hr after work for the opening day of quail season. Excellent work from Ella, made my first shot of the season- I think that's the first time that's happened lol. Should have came home with 4 birds, missed 2 perfect opportunities with the safety on. Gotta get my head in the game, I don't want to let down my dog.20221115_162343.jpg20221115_164619.jpg

yeah, he is okay. Not as handsome as that 13 yr, 4 mo, and 13 day old golden though... :)

Seriously, the little guy is pretty cool, but he has a hell of a time in thick cover. Big dogs rule.
My little Britt is dynamite in heavy cover. Handles it better than my Lab. Problem is I can't see her. Puppy at age eleven is amazing. Working like a five year-old. The two dogs don't work well together ... they keep pushing each other out of range. I usually work one and keep the other beside me. Change them as needed. Puppy will stay in the car now that the temp has plummeted AGAIN! Snow freezes between her toes and she can't get anything done. Booties are a no go. She hates them and crap just falls inside. Ellie is having trouble with right rear leg off and on so having to give her a break off and on. Have to be careful as I can outlast the dogs in the field.

Three for three is a very good day especially in this weather. Are the birds jumpy?

i never get tired hunting behind this pup

theres been so many pointed birds shot over him this year, i would bet many dogs dont get this many points in 10 years,,,,,

Attachments

• 20221010_080759.jpg
    20221010_080759.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 10
Back