Caribou Gear

Gratuitous Bird and Dog Photos

I had to have our big white Lab put down this summer and swore I wouldn't go through that again. Now, seeing your pictures has me re-thinking that decision.
Mine is an absolute clone of the lab I grew up with and had to put down when I was in college. I know how that feels and it sucks, but I don’t think I could not have one…

83F296C5-775B-4D04-B632-6DB68EF0A04D.jpeg

Looks like fun!! I was supposed to be pheasant hunting this weekend but got sick and couldn’t go unfortunately

I had to have our big white Lab put down this summer and swore I wouldn't go through that again. Now, seeing your pictures has me re-thinking that decision.
I know that feeling. Lost my old girl in March and said never again. But found myself going to clients' houses and wanting to do nothing but play with their dogs. . . . Pick up my puppy in 10 days.

Keep the pics coming!

This gives me a little nostalgia. We lived in western Kansas when I was young and used to hunt pheasants there. We had two golden retrievers and those cold snowy mornings late in the season were the best. Good times.

My best pic this year.
So what vest is your dog wearing, I've been looking at a few but have never used one for upland. But have been wondering if one would help reduce the amount of cockle-burrs she picks up every time out.

Thats a $14 vest from Amazon- Made by Browning, or so it is logoed.

It does help with burrs to some degree, but he still collects them. Best is that I can see him in native prairie grasses of about the same color. I really want to see my dog easily, and this does the trick.

For burrs, carry a coarse dog comb and pick them out as you go - esp, cockle and burdock burrs. Take a 5 minute break for water, some strategic combing before they all get worked into the fur.

I've been told that a spray bottle of "Cowboy Magic" works miracles. (wherever Equestrian Supplies are sold). I've gotta get me some one of these days.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wyohandscold
Back