Gratuitous Bird and Dog Photos

Misses as in you actually found birds! Blasphemy! I'd trade missing every bird the rest of the year to actually find some birds!
Montana isn’t much better this year, at least where I’m going. I have seen more than twice as many public land bull elk this year as I have public land roosters.

Montana isn’t much better this year, at least where I’m going. I have seen more than twice as many public land bull elk this year as I have public land roosters.
This week I saw at least one rooster every morning...but did not get any shots. Flushing wild at 200 yards. Still good exercise and any day I'm in the field with my lab is a fun day. I did see a family of 5 otters on my last morning hunt.

This week I saw at least one rooster every morning...but did not get any shots. Flushing wild at 200 yards. Still good exercise and any day I'm in the field with my lab is a fun day. I did see a family of 5 otters on my last morning hunt.
Hens will always hold. They're more fun. The dog has a blast, no precious ammo consumed, and don't have to bother cleaning them. I haven't done the final tally yet but must have shot ... well ... a lot of roosters. I got rid of about fifteen pounds too. Man, it was hard work. The dogs looked like skeletons at the end, especially Ellie.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisb970
Back