MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Gratuitous Bird and Dog Photos

The turkeys are a bonus during our pheasant hunt. We typically run into them when pushing through brushy draws or small timber patches looking for pheasants.
The dogs disperse the flocks pretty good and things can get exciting when 15-20 uncoordinated B-52 bombers jump up to take flight.
Sometimes we shoot them on the wing, out of a tree, or ground sluce them. It is pretty cool after having the flock broken up to have a turkey hold in a brush clump like a pheasant and have your dog point it.
I was kind of hoping that's how it was going down. That sounds awesome!

Tell me more about "duck camp"
just a small local club (18 members) that I was invited to join after hunting as a guest with them for 12 or so years - not a high dollar club, but we have a bunkhouse and kitchen/living room, boats, and a marsh lease

some years are great hunting, some not so great - but the food and friendship are always great(y)

Headed to U of Minn vet hospital with Puppy. A tumor inside her abdomen about the size of a racquetball. Doesn't sound good. I love that little dog.

Edit: Caught in a whiteout at Duluth. Getting dark ... and very hairy. Two hours to go and nine inches of snow ahead of us.20220411_142800.jpg

Last edited:
Back