Yeti GOBOX Collection

GPS app for iphone5

ScottP

Just new to the smartphone world, and was wondering what you all use for a gps app for you iphone. I'm thinking off-road stuff here.

appreciate any suggestions. I've used Gaia GPS on my ipad, but don't feel it works as easily as my Garmin unit.

I have the Trimble GPS Hunt Pro app. I use it on my Iphone 4. Pretty sure it will work on Iphone 5. It is pretty slick considering it ran ~$10-$12. Only downfall is that you have to have service OR download a map of the area ahead of time. Its still pretty cool.

cool, I'll check into that one. Same story for Gaia app - you need to download the map ahead or have service.

re:Gaia - that is excellent news, glad to hear you are interested in hearing from the hunting community.

I purchased Gaia for ipad right away, and have noticed the improvement in the updates over the past 2 years. I use it mostly for scouting from home on the ipad and moving data from my Garmin and visualizing in Gaia GPS on USGS topos (this is great BTW). I also use it in the truck, and it works nicely.

I am so used to the Garmin unit for navigating the back country, but will use the iphone as soon as I get a chance and provide an update. I just transferred the Gaia app to my phone today, and look forward to trying it out. I haven't used the latest version that includes gaia cloud.

They should run on 4s and 5 iphones, given you've kept your OS up to date. They use the same operating system. In fact, a lot of apps are compatible between ipad and iphone

Back