Got our fish back

On our Honeymoon to Hawaii this year we caught a few nice fish. I surprised the wife and had hers mounted along with mine.

My wife's spearfish was 5 feet long and much easier to find a place on the wall to hang it.

attachment.php

My Blue Marlin was another story. I think my eyes were bigger than my brain. Its 10' 6" long and weighed 295#s. Its as long as a couch and we're going to have to add on to the house to fit it somewhere, lol.

attachment.php

The shipping box was as long as my pickup. Fortunately they are both fiberglass and not very heavy. If the bill wasn't at eye level on the marlin I would've left it on the wall.

Very nice! You don't see fish like that mounted in MT much. Congrats!

The shipping box was as long as my pickup. Fortunately they are both fiberglass and not very heavy. If the bill wasn't at eye level on the marlin I would've left it on the wall.

Ha! That would be fun to walk into in the middle of the night.

Very cool mounts, I'm sure they'll be big conversation starters.

Honestly, when I had a different job a s a carpet cleaner I walked into the bill of a sail fish and broke a couple of the bones on the edge of my eye socket by my nose. Since then I am very careful around bill fish.:)

Great looking fish! I caught a large halibut many years ago and always wanted to have a replica mount done, now you got me thinking about it again.

That blue marlin is a super nice mount. I have no idea where I'd put it in my house, but I'd have make a place if I caught it.

They look great. Good thing you had space for the Marlin in the basement. I don't know if I'd have a spot big enough for something like that.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back