Got one but couldn't find it. It's the curse of the new mathews, selling the old PSE

Hunt2921

I was hunting last Friday and around 1:00 pm I had two turkeys come in on me while I was in my tree stand. I drew back on the first one but he must have seen me because he started to run off. The other one was confused at what was going on. So I drew back and shot threw some thick stuff and hit him. I'm not sure where I hit him but it must have been low, because he ran off and I couldn't find him. My luck this year has been like that though. I guess it's the curse of buying a new mathews and selling my old PSE? |oo

If it was past 17 yards it was definately out of range of your Mathews.... :p
I am actually surprised that the arrow didn't bounce off of him.

Mathews

I really like my bow but I don't know why I can't kill me a deer or even a turkey. |oo
Maybe I will trade my bow in for a PSE or a HOYT before next year.

It is that big ass gap between your ears that is causing you to miss stuff..........

ground carp are hard to kill with a bow. I carry an extra arrow with a extra large expandable for shots at turkey. that does the trick

Hunt2921:

There isn't anything wrong with getting a bit excited.......when that doesn't happen anymore, it's time for me to quit. Just keep at it and success will come together for you!

Hunt2921 said:
...So I drew back and shot threw some thick stuff and hit him....

Hello? Does this ring a bell? Last time I checked, "thick stuff" tends to deflect arrows.

Cut shooting lanes or be more disciplined about taking marginal shots.

Should Have bought a HOYT Just Like Bowhuntr Said....Bowhuntr from what i can tell you and i are BIG HOYT FANS!!!! I LOVE THERE STUFF.......Yeah next time there is Thick stuff in your way, wait for another shot.... ;-)

I didn't have time to wait for another shot they were walking away from me. I would have had a perfect shot if the first bird wouldn't of seen me or heard me. I'm not sure what happeaned with him. Your right I probably shouldn't have shot but I wanted to have a shot at a turkey that the first turkey i've had close enought to shoot at with my bow.

Mathews fan here also. You can't beat there customer service. Plus I just flat like shooting their bows. Hoyt makes a great bow, but just not for me. Whatever equipment your confident in is what you should shoot. I also agree it's not the curse of the bow just the curse of not getting a better shot. Good luck on the next bird.

twister50 said:
Should Have bought a HOYT Just Like Bowhuntr Said....Bowhuntr from what i can tell you and i are BIG HOYT FANS!!!! I LOVE THERE STUFF.......Yeah next time there is Thick stuff in your way, wait for another shot.... ;-)
Yeah make sure you listen to this guy... He is all about taking good shots!!! :confused:

I am surprised he didn't tell you to go back and look for it two days later...

Thats a bummer...but I was taught meats not meat until its on the table, therefore....

j/k
Aaron

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back