Got my Mink back Tuesday

Jamen

This is the first mount I have ever had done for me. I got him 6 years ago in central North Dakota. After I got him I was like holy S#%t that is a big mink. I had gotten a few prior to this one in years past and nothing this big. So the broke college student I was I threw it in two garbage bags and said one day ill mount this. Well this spring came around and I found someone to mount it along with my dad's least weasel he has. The weasel was too freezer burnt to be saved but my mink after 6 years was still good he said.

I told him the general idea of what I wanted his front legs perched up with a fish under him. The rest was up to him to come up with since he is the artist. It was a quick turn around from March I was not expecting it to be this quick. He gave me a text a month ago and said he had ran into a problem with it. Great I was thinking it was too old to mount... That was not the case. He had ordered the biggest mink mold they sold and it was still bigger than that. He added over 4 inches in length and over 2 inches in girth to him.

I really enjoy this mount and am happy I decided to do it after all these years. Still deciding on where to put him, I may make a pedestal this winter but until then he will be in my office.

20160913_185416.jpg

20160914_203119.jpg

20160914_203123.jpg

20160914_203137.jpg

20160914_203139.jpg

Thanks I enjoyed the extra white patch under chin added a little character to him, I was surprised when I got him was a pretty far shot with my open sights.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back