Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Got my buck back from the taxidermist

mtmiller

Thought I would show a picture of my Montana deer I shot last year. I got it back from the tax-man last week and am pretty happy with the way it turned out. I went with a wall pedestal form.

Wyoming_deer_scouting_017.jpg

I hope to add a couple more to the wall this season, but maybe I am getting too greedy.
biggrin.gif

Nice buck. I get it now. You were making fun of me in Canada when you said you shot a buck about the size of mine. Those kickers make me drool dude.

Hey FEW. I remeber seeing your buck and I thought it was impressive. By no means was I trying to make fun of you. Hell, you should see my biggest bow kill, now that's funny.

Also, I just picked up my tickets to Phoenix. I get to town 12/20 and will stay until the 29th. That should give me time to do the family thing and maybe squeeze in a hunt if it works into your schedule. I will give you a call one of these days and try to get a game plan.

MT Miller. your coming to phx cool
we all gotta hook up and have dinner sometimes, all the az hunttalk guys
Delw

Sounds like a plan Delw. I am sure Phoenix will be looking good during a MT winter. It would be great to meet some of you guys and talk some hunting (ok, even some fishing).

I will keep in touch as the date get closer.

You can see all the points, no brow tines (well 1/2" on one side). He is a 5x5, but only scored 168". His main frame is not that impressive, but I could not pass up the 19"'s of junk. There was a bigger main frame with him, but this guys had more character. He was aged at 5 1/2.

I still don't know if I should have taken him the first morning, but to this point, he is my largest.

I hope to draw this tag again (results out this week), cause I drew on a larger one last year during the archery season.

BTW, good luck on the ID hunt. I know you will have a good time with Moosie...hunting I mean.
rolleyes.gif

I was just fuggin around dude, I know you would never make fun of me.
rolleyes.gif

My archery buck was similar just did not have those bad ass hooks, and not quite the depth in the rear forks.... Around 130 inches. I guess I take good Chuck Adams style pics.

Cool on the az trip I do not have anything going on during that time so....... Definetely have to do some hunting, maybe some fishing if you really want to.
wink.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 08-19-2003 11:40: Message edited by: FEW ]</font>

Congrats on a beaut of a mount!! Those kickers rock!! Maybe we can find a 'twin' in WY for ya!

Back