Caribou Gear

Got lucky with New Mexico

Calif. Hunter

Jorge and I managed to get drawn for our deer tags in New Mexico. It is someplace he has hunted before, and says it was the best place he's been...that's all I know about it! According to him, he saw more big deer there in a week than he has seen on all his previous hunts put together. Now I just have to find out where in New Mexico it is! He put us in as a party and handled all the paperwork.

We also got our javelina tags for February '08!

Those are the only two hunts I put in for, along with Arizona elk and California Tule elk, this year as the Africa trip used up my hunting budget (and then some!)

Way to go on the NM draw! I struck out in NM....again. But I just found out I drew the most coveted CA mule deer tag...G3 Goodale Late Season hunt. I'm stoked! hump It will be a tough hunt though, as the other 24 lucky tag holders hunters will probably be chasing them with a rifle....I'm taking my bow only (heck I don't even own a rifle). The thrill of chasin monster muleys will be enough. There were reportedlyover 4000 max PP holders. Most put in for this hunt. Talk about beating the odds, eh?

Now for those of you who think Kalifornia doesn't have any muleys, here's one taken in 05 from the unit I just drew:

coe-ca-buck01.jpg

Congratulations on the G-3 tag Roy (that was my 1st choice too), and New Mexico Rick.
I struck out in New Mexico, and Calif. elk. I drew my second choice deer in Calif, D-7.
Now it's down to Az. deer & sheep, holding my breath !

Good luck in G3, Bohunter. With my other trips this year, I didn't even put in for Calif. deer, sheep or antelope - just took the point. But I did apply for tule elk.... I haven't checked the results yet.

Back