Got Lucky in North-Central WY

TheGreek

A picture says a thousand words.

IMG_0080.jpg

My buddy and I hiked a long ways into BLM in a unit around Buffalo on Friday morning and I connected with this buck that afternoon. We spent Saturday in the rain trying to get him one but couldn't close the distance on a large herd. It was a long pack out Sunday morning but at least it was a beautiful day. I'm happy we filled a tag after my conversation with the biologist this summer in which he apologized after I told him which unit we drew and when I responded that it's better to be going hunting that sitting at home his retort was, "I'm not sure you'll feel that way after the hunt." Well, I'm glad we went hunting. Most importantly, a big shout out and thanks to @bigdonniebrasco, @Bluffgruff, and @Walkathon who all fielded my questions via PM regarding this unit.

Nice work! What were animal numbers like in the area? Did you run into many hunters going in deep?

I have a friend who is in the Buffalo area now trying to fill doe tags. They got delayed by the snow and road closures. Great pic and nice buck for you.

Man they are small body wise- whats a full size buck weigh on the hoof- 140lbs or is it even less then that?

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back