Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Got Lucky in North-Central WY

A picture says a thousand words.

View attachment 197428

My buddy and I hiked a long ways into BLM in a unit around Buffalo on Friday morning and I connected with this buck that afternoon. We spent Saturday in the rain trying to get him one but couldn't close the distance on a large herd. It was a long pack out Sunday morning but at least it was a beautiful day. I'm happy we filled a tag after my conversation with the biologist this summer in which he apologized after I told him which unit we drew and when I responded that it's better to be going hunting that sitting at home his retort was, "I'm not sure you'll feel that way after the hunt." Well, I'm glad we went hunting. Most importantly, a big shout out and thanks to @bigdonniebrasco, @Bluffgruff, and @Walkathon who all fielded my questions via PM regarding this unit.
I am guessing you hunted area 22 just east of buffalo. This is where my aborted trip was for. I could not find a travel companion and canceled my trip per family pressure of me doing the solo trek because of my health after a stroke last winter. I would imagine your route from Chicago would have taken you on i90 straight to buffalo. Making a rendezvous almost impossible for me I usually go i94 through fargo and cut south before or after i get into montana

Back