Got a new ATV

Washington Hunter

What do you guys think? This ought to haul my fat ass and my hunting partners fat ass around in the woods fairly comfortably, and keep us out of the weather as well. It's not perfect, but for only 1000 bucks, didn't figure I could go wrong. hump

Attachments

• P1010027rrr.jpg
    P1010027rrr.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 141
Hey those work great for hunting. One of the guys I hunt with has a Bronco 2 with 300k miles and the thing still scoots around the hairpin turns. Kids in this area pay premium for those things so they can use them to run the Rubicon.

It's an '88. The last year they made Bronco II's was 1990, then in '91 they were replaced with the Explorer.

Eventually I'll put some big(ger) mud tires on it, but not too big. I'll probably go with no bigger than 32's. But for now the tires it's got will do. I'm going to fix up the interior a bit. I've already got a couple of like new bucket seats from a '91 Explorer that will bolt right in, in place of the 60/40 bench that's in there. Then I'll have to find a nice center console to stick in there.

The passenger side door is dented up pretty good, it doesn't really show in the picture, but I stopped at a local wrecking yard yesterday and they have one in there that is identical in every way, even color. They were just closing when I got there so I didn't have much time to look, but I'll be going back later this morning to get at least the passenger side door off it, and I'm thinking of the hood as well cause the paint is better.

This is what it may look like in the future:

Attachments

• 2358729_60_full.jpg
    2358729_60_full.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 125
Good Find! Rip those seats and Carpet out and Spray a truck liner onto the Floors and Back area, it will also Quiet down those loose areas! John

Now there's an idea! I just might do that. I already took out the rear carpet, but now it's so loud it sounds like I'm driving around with the rear window open. Is that something that's pretty easy to do myself, or should I take it to one of those places that specializes in lining truck beds?

WH, If you don't mind getting a little messy like sreekers said it's not that tough. Try E-bay for DIY kits with the spray nozzel and mixture. also sometimes you can get your choice of colors. Now, (Don't Ya love spending other peoples money!) on that outside bottom color strip, alot of folks down here will spray that also to keep rocks and limbs from scratching up that area. But, the most important thing is the prep, sand or sand blast, then mask off everything you don't want messed up. Good Luck, John
PS: I've never done that, but it sure sound neat!:D

I've done it in a couple trucks, just takes a small roller and the black goop

You can put it as thick as you like, if you have holes in the floor screw down a metal plate over the holes after the first coat, this will help get a good seal, then put the coats down to your hearts content

This will also really quite down your ride on rough roads because it binds every thing together

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back