Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Gordon Buck

Yes it is obviously a farm raised buck. That's why there is an ear tag.
If you had bothered to read my post you might have seen that I said the mule deer antlers made me think of these farm raised bucks in how outrageous they are.
I suppose no one has ever tried to pass off a farm raised buck as a wild buck? I'm sure it has been tried many times by unscrupulous fame seeking "hunters".

FYI I quit reading your posts quite some time ago. My post was to Cush just to explain that it wasn't the animal being discussed when he questioned it. All you seem to do is stir the pot no matter what's being discussed just like this post of yours to me.

In this day and age someone will have sheds. Outside of that it looks like stag type horns.

In this day and age someone will have sheds.

+1

These days, a buck of that age, with 10-20 of his antlers lying on the ground somewhere in Colorado of all states (probably the state with the highest number of people in the woods) and not one shed picture has leaked?

Someone mentioned jealousy above, lol. Very few on this board are the jealous type, and I think all of us hope its a legit buck! I hope it's legit at least.

No one is jealous, just skeptical, as you should be. In 2019, if your not skeptical about something on the internet at first glance, well, then you might be a.........

FYI I quit reading your posts quite some time ago. My post was to Cush just to explain that it wasn't the animal being discussed when he questioned it. All you seem to do is stir the pot no matter what's being discussed just like this post of yours to me.

I think popgun and gr8wannaB should pair up and hunt together you two would make a good team.

That is one ugly mule deer. Record or not.

The Rompola (sp?) buck from Michigan isn't too handsome either in my opinion. It certainly faded from the scene. Was there ever any "official" determination of the true story?

Mitch has killed more big bucks than possibly any one individual and that biggest buck is hanging right in his living room with at least ten others that anyone would just be happy to see. PLenty of reputable people saw that buck before it was even processed, including several official scorers and a DNR GW.

th (7).jpg

Amazing buck but the marketing hype that goes along with such things these days is saddening. Take for instance the Black Ovis write up. The entire thing is marketing hype, dang near every sentence. And then to turn it into a game show!! And how hypocritical is the opening statement. Every pic that the humble hunter took is just dripping with staged marketing. Everything perfectly displayed as if it was a magazine add photo. The entire thing stinks of planned and carefully executed marketing hype.

"In this day and age, in a world of self promotion and images that travel faster through social media than wildfire in a dry forest, how does a potential all time world record archery mule deer buck harvested in early September not be seen around the world until now? It starts and ends with a humble guy who is less interested in hype than he is in the hunt."

I think its cool that folks set goals and then work their butts off to achieve those goals. But the marketing hype ruins it in my eyes.

Mitch has killed more big bucks than possibly any one individual and that biggest buck is hanging right in his living room with at least ten others that anyone would just be happy to see. PLenty of reputable people saw that buck before it was even processed, including several official scorers and a DNR GW.

Oh boy. Weird that he seems to have a little hot spot that produces super wide bucks with antlers coming out the side of the head. That wide four point has even more flopped over ears that his supposed world record.

Oh boy. Weird that he seems to have a little hot spot that produces super wide bucks with antlers coming out the side of the head. That wide four point has even more flopped over ears that his supposed world record.

It always amazes me how so many hunters cut down anyone that is good at what they do out of jealousy. Mitch lives and breathes whitetails every day of the year and has killed so many huge bucks that he's right up there with anyone you can name in the US. I've owned property 30 miles east of where he hunts since 1973 and the country he goes in probably doesn't have any other human presence because it's so nasty. Most people up in northern MI just keep the big ones quiet and go about their business so as not to draw attention to it. Your flopped over ear comment also tells me you don't know squat about anything deer related when one dies!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back