Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Goose jerky

Yes. My wife does ours.
Slice thin pieces. Marinate in soy sauce, whiskey, black pepper, red pepper flakes over night. Then dehydrated.

Or she cuts up in strips and makes goose stir fry. One my favorites.
Olive oil, soy sauce, black pepper, teriyaki.
Soak 30 min. Cook in cast iron pan added vegetables you like.

Just finished making a batch with duck, but did some goose last season. I just use a jerky mix (seasoning and cure). Mix by weight with thin sliced meat and let it sit in the refrigerator for at least 24 hrs. Then into the smoker - roll smoke on it at about 195 degrees for maybe 40-60 mins, then drop the temp to 155 and crack the door to let the moisture escape more easily. Basically just dry it out at that point. Have to keep an eye on it to pull pieces as they are done and sometimes move and flip others around. Turns out awesome, in my opinion.

For ground jerky I mix no fat, for snack sticks I mix with 20% to 30 %pork trimmings. For regular sliced jerky I just use any high mtn. Seasoning mix and add a few things to it. Like red pepper flakes and I marinate in worsticere and minced garlic etc.. if your making ground jerky the pepperoni blend of hi mountain works well with goose imo. I always go 1.5 for whatever hi mountain calls for. How much are you making

Last year we made some sticks that were pepperoni blend and I added mozzarella cheese and Italian seasoning, "goose pizza sticks" they were pretty good.

Get yourself a jerky gun and you’ll never go back!!

If your making ground jerky, get yourself gallon or 2 gallon zip lock, whatever matches your smoker/dehydrator racks best. Put ground on the bag and use a rolling pin to desired thickness. Refrigerate then when your ready just cut the bag putting the whole slab of ground on the rack. When it's finished you simply cut your straps to desired size with scissors. You won't be able to throw that jerky gun in the dumpster fast enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back