Good News from AZ

sagebrush

The Arizona Game & Fish Commission has directed the G&F Department to organize a new group, the Sportmen's Constituent Group. The first meeting will be held Mar 22 from 6-9PM at the G&F headquarters. Commissioner Kurt Davis will chair this first meeting. The group is being organized as a result of recent issues such as HB2072 and AZSFWC.

I was hoping some leadership would emerge from the SFW debacle. I'm glad to see the commission step up and fulfill this role.

On another note, here is a link to some thoughts posted by Commissioner Norm Freeman on his website. Its a worthwhile read. Its good to know we have men like Norm Freeman on the commission.

http://www.azgfc.org/readme.htm

Finally, it appears we are getting things pointed in the right direction here in AZ.

All good stuff. As they say, "If you hit a hornets' nest enough times, expect to get stung."

Saw this a little earlier & I am going to try & go; at the very minimum watch it online. I just hope people will TRULY get involved & stay involved. Most probably won't or will fade as the hornets move away or thin out.

I honestly bet 6-7 out of 10 Average Arizona Resident Hunters don't even have a clue about HB2072. I was at a RMEF Banquet this past Saturday & most did not even know about it. A lot of average Joe's just never get involved & are really out of touch with today's issues.

Last edited:
Saw this a little earlier & I am going to try & go; at the very minimum watch it online. I just hope people will TRULY get involved & stay involved. Most probably won't or will fade as the hornets move away or thin out.

I honestly bet 6-7 out of 10 Average Arizona Resident Hunters don't even have a clue about HB2072. I was at a RMEF Banquet this past Saturday & most did not even know about it. A lot of average Joe's just never get involved & are really out of touch with today's issues.

You are very correct.Ive spoken to a few guys at my work who are also hunters and they had no idea what I was talking about.

The time is drawing near fellas, who is attending?

I will be driving up from Tucson, if someone wants to ride along let me know.

If you can't attend the meeting at the AZGF headquarters they will be broadcasting it at the branch offices live, it is just as good to show up at one of them. Numbers don't lie.

Here is the email that I received

Reminder: You’re invited to a March 22 discussion on the future of hunting, fishing and wildlife management
March 16, 2012

PHOENIX - Sportsmen/women, wildlife enthusiasts, and other members of the public are invited to a meeting on Thursday, March 22, 6-9 p.m. at the Arizona Game and Fish Department at 5000 W. Carefree Highway in Phoenix, to discuss how constituents can best unite and work together on issues and challenges affecting the future of hunting, fishing and Arizona's wildlife.
In response to a number of questions asked by constituents, below is some additional information:
Why is the meeting being held?
The meeting was called for by action of the Arizona Game and Fish Commission at its Jan. 25 meeting, due to the recent debate over important issues related to hunting, fishing and wildlife management. The Commission asked Kurt Davis, a member of the Commission, to chair an ad hoc group that will explore ways to unite stakeholders in working together in a positive manner on important issues.
It is important to note that this meeting is designed as an opportunity for attendees to provide their thoughts or ask questions on how to build a broad coalition to work positively on areas of agreement on important issues, and what that process or structure might look like. It is not the Arizona Game and Fish Department’s or the Commission’s meeting, although the Department is hosting it and Commissioner Davis is chairing it. The meeting participants will be the ones to provide input and decide if and how to proceed going forward.
Who should attend?
The meeting is open to everyone—those who belong to organized groups and those who are unaffiliated. The ad hoc committee was originally given a working title of “Sportsmen’s Constituent Group”, as many of the issues are of prime importance to sportsmen/women, America’s original conservationists. But all are welcome to attend and provide input, as this meeting is to hear from and honor all who love and care for our wildlife resources.
Is there an agenda for the meeting?
An agenda will be posted on the Arizona Game and Fish Department’s website early next week.
What are the different ways I can view the meeting?
The public has the option of either attending the meeting in Phoenix, viewing it via video stream at one of the six Game and Fish regional offices throughout the state, or viewing it over the web at www.azgfd.gov/webcast.
How can I provide input or ask questions?
Those who would like to submit comments or questions during the meeting can fill out a blue slip at the Phoenix meeting or from the Game and Fish regional offices. Those viewing the meeting via the webcast will be able to submit comments via the Internet. More details will be made available next week. Please note that, due to time constraints, not all comments may be addressed during the meeting, but all will be saved and noted.

important link

Here is a link to the Arizona Legislative Agenda link, if you have time throughout the day keep an eye on this.

Key words "big game tag sales"

you can even search for key words, if anyone sees anything suspect then sound the "alert"

we really need to stay vigilant and focused, AZSFWC will not just lay down and give up

http://www.azleg.state.az.us/Bills.asp?FirstBill=SB1301&LastBill=SB1350

The way that I understand it there is still a chance that it could be snuck in. Some people have "good guy" legislators watching out for this and they say that it could still arise next week. I know for a fact that they are working on a revised version because it was sent to me for "review and input"........they got input but not the kind they were searching for.

The way that I understand it there is still a chance that it could be snuck in. Some people have "good guy" legislators watching out for this and they say that it could still arise next week. I know for a fact that they are working on a revised version because it was sent to me for "review and input"........they got input but not the kind they were searching for.

::):):) I am really glad to see this meeting arranged, and thrilled even us nonresidents can view it via netmeeting, and even offer input. Makes me feel a lot more connected.

Member RMEF, UBNM, UWC & SFW-Hate Club

Back