Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Good mule deer buck (pics)

BuzzH

Oak and I went out today looking over some country and exploring for buck mule deer.

Right off the bat we ran into this fellow. These arent the best photos but I think anyone that knows mule deer bucks will get the hint. These are all the same buck.

bigbuck.jpg

bigbuck2.jpg

bigbuck5.jpg

bigbuck4.jpg

We looked at this buck for quite a while trying to guess a gross score. Not real sure just how much over 200 it is, but we both came up with scores over 200. Any guesses?

Hard to guess score, but he's a keeper for me that's for sure!

I'm assuming a Wyo. buck ? (I'm new here)

Nice find. Keep us updated.

Later,
Vince (Colorado)

DAMN!! That is a great buck. Hopefully you guys can get his sheds and then find him again next year during hunting season!

Not real wide, but plenty high.. That is definately a keeper. Great buck Buzz..

:cool:

DanR, how wide do you think he is? Or should I say, how narrow do you think he is?

Great buck!

Greenhorn, I'd guess the inside measurement at about 26 to 28 inches.. Why? How wide do you think he is??

:cool:

Dan, if he's 26 to 28 inside that is a pretty big inside spread. I personally don't see him going that wide inside, but he is plenty wide enough. He's a stud of a buck no matter what any measurement on him is.

I'd guess 23 inside spread, 33 outside. Can't really see it clearly, but good enough to know he's over 200 inches.

DanR, for not being very wide, your estimate of his inside spread is probably bigger than most B&C mule deer.

Buzz, is this in an area you can get a tag fairly easy? Think he will be there this fall?

So his cheater got a little longer and a little more trash. You need to put a radio transmitter on him..What was his width and score last year?
attachment.php

Greenhorn,

Close, but not the same buck. I think you did see video of this buck from last year, though. ;)

Not sure about the 170-190 guesses...but pics aren't really clear. This buck has 25+" of trash alone. I think he's bigger than 180.

Oak

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RichardMargarine
Back