Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Good crappie day

Brittany Chukarman

We got into the crappie pretty good today. Real good sized fish this year going up to 14".

Attachments

• IMG_0720.jpg
    IMG_0720.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_0723.jpg
    IMG_0723.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_0725.jpg
    IMG_0725.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_0727.jpg
    IMG_0727.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 320
  • IMG_0728.jpg
    IMG_0728.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_0731.jpg
    IMG_0731.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 300
Very nice! I'm hoping the bluegill bite really turns on here in the next few weeks as I'd like some of them or crappie like that for a fish fry.

BTW, is that a "fishing" pontoon? If so how do you like it? Wife and I are considering one.

Nice mess there. We caught a good mess of crappie last Tuesday night at the lake I live on. We caught a bunch that looked like they swallowed golf balls. . .full of eggs, we threw them back. I think we kept 26 total, but, they didn't look as good as your cooler did!!

1pointer, Have you ever fished Lake Waveland over here by me? Usually really good bluegill fishing.

Very nice! I'm hoping the bluegill bite really turns on here in the next few weeks as I'd like some of them or crappie like that for a fish fry.

BTW, is that a "fishing" pontoon? If so how do you like it? Wife and I are considering one.

It is a pontoon. I didn't think I would like fishing from one but I really like it and my clients like it even more. 2003 Parti Craft fishing model with a 60 HP 4stroke Suzuki. Shade canopy, chaise lounge, 4 swivel fishing chairs and a pop-up porta-potti room for the ladies. I've added on a tackle cabinet, mounted a trolling motor and installed more rod racks. Also when you're anchored up on a spot in the summer the panfish gather under the boat for the shade. After fishing with me some of my clients have bought their own.

It is a pontoon. I didn't think I would like fishing from one but I really like it and my clients like it even more. 2003 Parti Craft fishing model with a 60 HP 4stroke Suzuki. Shade canopy, chaise lounge, 4 swivel fishing chairs and a pop-up porta-potti room for the ladies. I've added on a tackle cabinet, mounted a trolling motor and installed more rod racks. Also when you're anchored up on a spot in the summer the panfish gather under the boat for the shade. After fishing with me some of my clients have bought their own.
Thanks for the info! The lake near my cabin has a marina that rents fishing pontoons of various age. May have to give them a whirl to see how well we like them. My kiddos are 3 and 6 so going fast and/or pulling skiers is not needed. I think one would be perfect for our situation. Plenty of room to fish from morning/dusk and to swim from midday. Now to convince the wife to buy one of them instead of a new luxury car or suv... :rolleyes: :D

Consider me jealous. Hopefully I can do something similar in the next couple weeks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back