MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Good CO. Muley.......

D

Deerslayer

I tagged my elk early in the hunt...leaving me several days to seek out and destroy a bruiser Muley. This Buck was estimated at 350#.........may be a little high, I really don't know, but he was a fine buck all the same. He was a 6x6..or a 12 pointer as my Louisiana buddies would say
wink.gif

Hopefully pics up by tonight......

Good to be back friend......you know I couldn't show up until some killin' was done
wink.gif

...that buck is my heaviest to date, and his neck was unbelievable. I stalked him on 2 different days on a vertical slope thick with aspens....finally catching him bedded on a bench facing downhill at 200 yards...he never knew what hit him, and died in his bed.....what a way to go!
fight.gif

It was a 3 hour climb out of that hell hole with him on my back, 1 trip, straight up and out to where the horses could take over. I saw another buck that was right there in his class......guess that gives me something to think about for next year
wink.gif

...coming out after a hard climb to the top
CoMuley2.jpg

...all smiles...
CoMuley3.jpg

He's a smidge under 28, Troy.....UNLESS I use my elastic tape measure
wink.gif
...then he is over 30!
eek.gif

Thanks alot Tom and Oak.....I was proud for sure.

I don't know Troy.....I may just have to run him by some experts later on another board and get the official word on "full curl" or "no full curl"........kinda skeered to do it though
rolleyes.gif
eek.gif
footinmouth.gif
........maybe if Moosie has $10,000 he'd be willing to put up again, dunno....we'll have to see...
drool.gif
hump.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 11-10-2003 13:44: Message edited by: Deerslayer ]</font>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back