Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Good books for the backcountry

I will be (finally) finishing Blood Meridian on a float hunt next week. I've picked that book up and set it back down numerous times because I didn't think I was in the right frame of mind to read it cover to cover. Hoping 10 days in Alaska will fix that.

I will be (finally) finishing Blood Meridian on a float hunt next week. I've picked that book up and set it back down numerous times because I didn't think I was in the right frame of mind to read it cover to cover. Hoping 10 days in Alaska will fix that.

I read/listened to it on Audible, since I knew it was a challenging read. Can’t wait to go back and actually read it.

Desert Solitaire by Edward Abbey
American Buffalo by Steve Rinella
The Old Man and the Boy by Robert Ruark
Campfires in the Canadian Rockies by William Temple Hornady...I enjoy reading outdoor themed books when I'm out there if you can't tell

Any CJ Box books in the Joe Pickett series!

My aunt just sent me a couple of those and has been telling me to read them for over a year. Hard to go wrong with Louis L'Amour. Currently I've been reading Bernard Cornwell's Sharpes Rifles series and his Last Kingdom series both are historical fiction.

Cover to cover would be tough for this one. I had to set it down a bit ago and am waiting for early antlerless season here in MI to read the last quarter or so. I’ve read a lot of dark literature, this is the first time I’ve had to set something down and walk away. I blame it on maturing, which I’m not a fan of.

Cover to cover would be tough for this one. I had to set it down a bit ago and am waiting for early antlerless season here in MI to read the last quarter or so. I’ve read a lot of dark literature, this is the first time I’ve had to set something down and walk away. I blame it on maturing, which I’m not a fan of.

You should check out his earlier Appalachian works. Beautiful works, but you better be at peace with the world and yourself before you start. My favorite is "Child of God"

Audiobooks...

Clive Cussler, Brad Thor, Brad Taylor, W.E.B. Griffin, David Baldacci, Vince Flynn,

Aldo Leopold ,A Sand Country Almanac...Steve Rinella turned me on to it.Or Lee Child,The Jack Reacher Series.:cool:

Same for me with Suttree, finally finishing during down time on an elk hunt. McCarthy's morbid free verse is like a sledge hit to the senses. Cormac disdains happy endings to say the least.

Blood Meridian is a must read IMO.

Thanks for the recommendations guys. I ordered a couple last night. Ive put all these recommendations on my list.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back