Caribou Gear

Good afternoon from Minnesota

GSP4EVER

Hello all,

Found this site by watching Fresh Tracks this morning on the DVR. Checking here from Southern Minnesota. I love pheasant hunting with my 4 y/o German Short Hair. We also enjoy chasing roosters in NW Iowa. Counting down the days til bow season. With temps at 62 today, the hunting itch is acting up a little more than normal.

Since the title of this section is "who am I" I'll tell you a little bit. Live/Work in Southern Minnesota as a paramedic on a ground ambulance and a tactical (SWAT) team. Have a wife and two dogs at home. Besides the hunting, I handload, shoot as much as I can and when I am not hunting, fishing or handloading, I am watching it on TV or reading about it. I try to introduce someone new to hunting every year. A kid if possible, but I will take anybody that shows interest early enough in the year to accompany me to the range to learn the art of shooting and firearm safety and maintenance.

I am glad I found this site and hope to lend as much useful information as I intend to gain.

Mike

Hi Milke, welcome to HuntTalk. Love the emphasis on passing on your love for the outdoors to others.

Fellow GSP guy here, although I wasn't able to give him as much training time/field time as I'd have liked to. Welcome to the board. Good stories and field pics are always appreciated.

Welcome to Hunt Talk. We too are all waiting for Sept 1 to start hunting wild birds with our dogs.

Welcome. Mike. Since you are in Mankato, I was hoping you were going to give us some inside lines on the Vikings' training camp. But, sharing your hunting, shooting, and bird dog stories will certainly suffice.

Look forward to reading your posts and seeing your pics.

Welcome, Mike

I too, have spent a lot of time around Mankato. One of my best friends used to live in Eagle lake. We started pheasant and duck hunting up near Nicollet.

Good luck this season!

Ross

Thanks everyone. Big Fin, I am probably one of a very small percentage here that don't really care for football. Someone asked me once why I don't like football. My response was "Because its not hockey." I do know that they are only going to be here for two weeks. I do enjoy other sports, but I don't get into following players and keeping track of stats. I do enjoy the MN Twins and Wild. I dont care if the win or lose, I just enjoy watching. I do really enjoy our college hockey team Mankato State Mavericks.

Minnesota Hunter: I do most of my pheasant hunting on some public land between Lake Crystal and Madelia. In fact 95% of any hunting I do is public land. MY family has 80 acres NW of Alexandria where my dad grew up.

Devil Diver: my GSP was a birthday present from my girlfriend (now wife) after we first started living together. I really enjoyed working with him. I like to say that it was instinct for him I just showed him how to use it.

Thanks for the greeting from everyone else. From what I have been reading on here so for there is a lot of knowledge here to pick up.

KRasmussen: nice to see fellow EMS people enjoying the outdoors. Out of 22 medics I work with, I am the only one that hunts a lot. One other guy goes to ND with his family hunting, but its only 5 days a year (not that its bad). The lady I work with that I introduced is really getting into it and is going with another friend to northern MN to hunt in the rifle zone this year.

Good luck this season and stay safe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back