Going to call you 400 lb bear shooters LIERS !!!!

So Ithica!!!
Because some one passed on some thing said by a biologist, that makes them stupid..
I know it wasn't said right out, but was very much implied......
Does this mean you are the only one that can pass on what was said to you and the rest is garbage????.....

Seems that way,doesnt it? LOL

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 06-07-2002 07:27: Message edited by: Muledeer4me ]</font>

If someone told you that using superglue to clear out your nostrils was a good idea, would you be an idiot if you told your buddies that?

Elkhunter... if you really believe there are just as many black bears weighing over 350, as there are under 350... well, then you are an idiot. :D It really doesn't matter what you think some W G&F Biologist told you, like I said call and confirm with your bear guy over there in Jackson Hole.. Doug Brimeyer. Or how about I phone him and ask him about it?? ..again.

Suppose you think the hunters selectively pick the dinky lightweight short ones over there where they allow baiting... haha.

Ithaca, please put the link up to that nice bear you are talking about from Idaho. I'd like to see the picture. I'm going into big bear withdrawls, having not taken one yet this Spring. :(

Look at this average. 200+200+650=1050 1050/3=350 average yet most of them are 200 lbs and only one is more than 350. The average is influenced a lot by a few big ones and the median is the one that's in the middle. Not that it matters, but I got degrees that make me want to point this stuff out.

Tom, You never cease to impress me with your supreme brilliance and unmatched common sense. Did they really teach you that in college?

You forgot to count the 60 lb cubs and 140 lb sows into that equation, but I can still see where you are going Tom.
60 + 60 + 140 + 200 + 200 + 1440 = 2100
2100/6 = 350

Elkchser, Here's what I said, "Whomever from F&G told you about the 350 lb. bears must have been pulling your leg!" I never thought I was implying that Elkhunter was stupid. It's obvious to me he's not!

BTW, I see you're working hard in SI, thank you. I got tired of dealing with the nonproductive sniping from MD4M and whitedeer and decided to see what they could contribute if I wasn't around. So far it's zero. Now I see MD4M is continuing it up here.

Greenhorn, Here's the link to my Idaho bear:

http://www.huntandlodge.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=18&t=001711

Weekend, I suspect if we knew the real ratio of all black bear weights we'd have to throw in a 2000 pounder once in awhile to keep the average up to 350! :D

Ithaca... Please tell us what the hell you are doing to this poor dead animal?!?! You have a real funny look on your face. That's what they call getting a little dying quivers I think.

6.jpg

Here's some more bear weight info from John Beecham, the black bear biologist friend of mine I've been referring to:

" Bear weight estimates of more than 400 pounds are common. Even bear researchers have a tough time judging the size of a bear.

According to John Beecham - bear researchers often have contests to see who could come closest to guessing a bear's weight, and they often over guessed the weight by 50 pounds.

How Big Is A Bear?

Newborns
Eight ounces (0.22 kg)

One-year-old females
30-50 pounds (13.5-22.5 kg)

One-year-old males
50-70 pounds (22.5-31.5 kg)

Mature females
120-140 pounds (54-63 kg)
51-54 inches (127.5-135 cm)

Mature males
240-280 pounds (108-126 kg)
56-61 inches (140-152.5 cm) "

Here's a good book by John about Idaho black bears. It's full of good information that would be usefull to any Western bear hunter:

A Shadow in the Forest: Idaho’s Black Bear
John J. Beecham & Jeff Rohlman

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 06-07-2002 14:02: Message edited by: Ithaca 37 ]</font>

Ithica!! Working hard??? Every one on the board knows I don't work hard...LMAO!!! I just like to hit the whole board and add new things to the threads as I find them....LOL!!!! I do have a ton of stuff for the survival forum, but will dole it out a little a day for training purposes, don't want to over load any one....!!!!
Greenhorn!!!Your to funny!!!! :D :D :D

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 06-07-2002 14:05: Message edited by: ELKCHSR ]</font>

Ithcac... that is a darn nice bear by the way. Definately deserving of a field mount huh? haha.

You look like David Letterman! I think I told you that before.

The ONLY way to tell a bears actual weight is to put it on a certified scale.I dont mean weighing the head and hide and then guesstimating the actual weight either.I occasionally have to do that and if I do I always say I guess the weight at .....
I am one of the few guys that I know of that actually weighs most bears taken by my hunters.Thats probably why my average bear weighs about 185 dressed and everyone elses weighs 250!!!!
Heres a bear,taken in sept 2000.true dressed weight on scales was 307.His skull is officially measured at 19 4/16
geobear.JPG

alright.what the he** am I doing wrong ???
maybe someone can go to my site at www.borderpond.com Its the pic of me holding up the bears head on the home page.can one of you guys try putting it on here for me?? that bear weighed 307 dressed weight .If its skull was 19 4/16 I would imagine that most of the 400 lbers that everyone else shoots must all make B and C club at 20inches ?? I dont think so_Only a very small handfull from maine each year make the club.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back