Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

goat scouting

Wow! I was beginning to worry for you. Pulled it out at the last minute with a great billy. Hair looks incredible on him, too. Congrats!

Damn cool, I think most of hunttalk has been checking this thread waiting for success stories, congratulations to you for a stellar hunt.

Incredible trophy there Rocky! Congratulations for sticking with a tough hunt clear to the end. Please tell us you're going to do a full body mount on that billy.

Congrats, looks nice. I just found the thread yesterday, by the mddle of page 2 I thought it was over. Way to get it done.

Throwing up a few more pics from the goat season. My Lucky Sherpa is shown in a few pics, he and i scouted the lucky spot early in the season and then he was with on the day of the kill. That day there was another big billy and nannies.

Other pics show my various attempts via backpacking and horse camping. Without Lucky Sherpa I might have lost some fingers to frostbite and definitely would have added a day or two of packing.

The goat is somewhere between 9 and 11 years old. One horn is 10", other is 9 7/8". Both bases are 5 3/8".

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 348
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 351
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 350
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 344
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 347
more pics////////////////////////////////////

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 349
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 349
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    190.6 KB · Views: 349
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    188.2 KB · Views: 349
Great pics, Rocky. Looks like an epic adventure.

What's the deal with the stitches to the finger, broad head injury?

thanks fellers. Big Fin the finger was a horse accident and i had to come out 7 miles for an ER visit to get stitched up.

I am thinking the luckest thing that happened to me this year was NOT drawing that tag. :)

ha, funny thing about change of perspective after having success, now i look back at all my dozens of photos of barren rocky country with a feeling of nostalgia. it looks like the other goat hunter most likely will not fill his tag, last i heard he had one more day to try. he was a great guy and worked hard, i hope he does.

By the way Barri, here's the closest I came to a goat when I had my tag... I only put in 8 days though...
GoatsX.jpg

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back