Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

"Go To" Alcohols

On the rare occasions that I'll have a beer, it will be either an Allagash White (found in northern New England states) or Blue Moon Belgian White. I prefer mild and smooth.

Unfortunately, AGE, not the age of the adult liquid in question, but mine, has dictated a change in my drinking habits. Not preferences, but habits ;)

I do still like a glass of wine and depending on my mood, meal, and/or music depends on whether it is white, red, dessert or champagne . I still have a stash of wine from the Canary Islands, which I have grown fond of and have stayed with.

But in days past, I tended to choice my drink based on the "time and place" However, bedsides wine, I did like Amaretto, Rum, Tequila, and Cognac ( Hennessy XO ) if possible---and others depending place, activity, my age at the time, location in the world )

I well share a story with you that happened in the great state of Texas. My husband and I were out one night and were standing at the bar when a young lady walked up and ask the bartender for a " Screaming Orgasm" and he mixed it, gave it to her and she walked away. I told the bartender --" Me too". ;)

From memory, I think it was the 1980.s that produced some very interesting drinks and names for them

Bourbon: Weller, Blantons
Beer: Rainier, Modelo or any "mexican lager" made by a hipster craft brewery
White wine: Chablis or dry Loire Valley Chenin Blanc
Wine: Vieux Telegraph, Chateau Beaucastel, Vosne Romanee, cool climate syrah, Ridge Vineyards, Rhys Vineyards, old school Napa cab, anything made by Manfred Krankel or Justin Smith, 1st or 2nd growth Bordeaux, funky cab franc from the Loire, Bruno Giacosa, Aldo Conterno, most Kermit Lynch imports.

I would bet you a good bottle of Scotch that I could tell the difference between Stoli Elite and Philips vodkas in a blind taste test - no question.

If I still drank (wait, why am I on this thread?! 🙃), I'd happily take that bet, but surprisingly, I kind of lost my taste for alcohol few years back.

But when I did drink, many of my go-tos were local:
  • Lefthand Nitro Milk Stout
  • Odell 90 Schilling
  • Stanahan’s whiskey
  • Leopold Bros. Maryland-Style Whiskey

Kirkland session IPA, Bale Breaker both Top and Bottom Cutter, Sella, Paulaner Marzen... but honestly I just go with whatever is around. corona's on the beach, rainier around a fire. Dopler bock when my BIL is buying.

Beer: Busch full flavor. However, Pretzel Assassin out of Denver Brewing has been my most recent go-to.

Scotch: I'll pass.

Wine: Anything except white or the kind that makes me do the bitter beer face (dry).

Tequila: Absolutely not. College and my first few years in the military fulfilled my tequila drinking thirst for a lifetime.

Best for last...

Bourbon! Russel's Singles Barrel 10 yr to be exact. Keep it on the rocks and mixers out of it.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceemee63
Back