Go Hunt Map App

Huntin_GI

Anyone have any details on when the GoHunt App will be live? I'm delaying my OnX subscription as I prefer GoHunts web interface and if the app is as valuable, I will exclusively be using the GoHunt Service.

Anyone have any details on when the GoHunt App will be live? I'm delaying my OnX subscription as I prefer GoHunts web interface and if the app is as valuable, I will exclusively be using the GoHunt Service.
Maybe it's just me but it seems GoHunt is trying to be too clever. I love the 3D feature on my home computer but I don't see the need to transfer it to my mobile. I mean if I'm standing in the unit, I don't need my phone to show me how steep the mountain is...I can see it! I think each delay on their release is due to another clever feature the code writers think would be fun to have.

OnX is stupid simple. When I look at a unit I'm thinking about applying for, I mark the waypoints that are important to my hunting skill set and physical abilities and decide whether I could pull it off should I draw a tag.

I subscribe to both. My question is how many wiz bang features does a 70 year old solo archery hunter need? Hunting isn't rocket surgery. To my friends at Gohunt, release what you've got and get feedback from your subscribers.

I dunno, just my limited opinion.

I'm with Wallydeuce. GoHunt might be letting the perfect be the enemy of the good on their mobile app. At some point you need to get a working product out there. You can release updates later. I also have both services, and don't use the GoHunt mapping service at all, because I still use OnX for mobile. I want my desktop and mobile transition to be seamless, which OnX is.

Last edited:
I have the same unnecessary over-complication issues right now with my Garmin Explorer +. Just trying to upload maps onto it and there are way too many “features” that make it difficult for an older guy like me. I really like the Garmin but I would rather it be more basic but easier. Pair with the iphone, install the Garmin app, install the sync program in my computer, etc. Too complicated!

I purchased both Gohunt and OnX.
Honesty I couldn’t be more pleased with the offline feature on OnX and I really use the heck outta gohunt for strategy articles, gear recommendations, draw odds, etc
It’s that all in one stop for me
But when it’s time to plan a strategy, I lean heavily on OnX

Anyone else get the email to download gohunt this morning? Ive messed around with it a little bit. seems very similar to onx. I like it.

Anyone else get the email to download gohunt this morning? Ive messed around with it a little bit. seems very similar to onx. I like it.
Yes, and thanks for the reminder. I need to download onto my phone. Hope its as good as onx.

It was a little glitchy for me, some of the added layers like gmu boundaries disappeared on me but couldn’t get them back till I restarted. The resolution on onx is still better but very similar

Didn’t like how the land ownership layer was solid vs transparent color for public land. Hides all the elevation lines and sat imagery.

Anyone figure out how to transfer OnX way points to it?

I got a email today about it and downloaded the App for my IPhone. I wish there was a way to make the property owners and their boundaries brought to the top layer and adjustable definition. It is very hard to see them even with the shading turned way down for land ownership.

I downloaded today and compared to OnX, the property boundaries in my neighborhood are off by 20 ft or more, OnX boundaries are 3'. The GoHunt app is more cumbersome for sure, need to remember K.I.S.S.

I don't know about the Go Hunt app, but sometimes app releases can be delayed or pushed back due to various factors. The developers may still work on finalizing the app or fixing any issues before releasing it to the public. I was also waiting for the final version of Smart Engines to appear.
If you're eager to find out when the app will be available, try contacting the developers directly or checking their website or social media accounts for updates.

Last edited:
MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back