Give us a good tip.

Mule

Should you happen to see such a thing, rest assured, tis not me!
biggrin.gif

I tried the "ladder thing" a few times, and actually liked using it. We have so much low brush here, that an extra 2-3 feet of elevation provides a + advantage in seeing the coyotes coming to the call.

Packing the ladder, gun, and e-caller got to be a big pain, so I don't use it now days.

I have always wanted to try one of those bucket trucks, you know, like the telephone company uses. Just drive down the road and pop that straight up to about 60 feet, and get after it. But, I would bet, that the coyote could tell there is something about that sound that is not right. Maybe, who knows?
biggrin.gif

Take care.

Patience, Patience, and more Patience. Always show some patience. Let that coyote come closer before you take the shot. Just sit and watch that coyote, and after a few trips, you will really start to learn how that coyote will react. There could always be a second coyote bringing up the rear, and with a little patience, you will see that one as well.

Of course you can't play this patience game if the wind is at your back.
biggrin.gif

Take care.

Use a laynard.

I've owned about 50 million calls and I think I only own a couple today. I've been fortunate to go back and find a few of the lost ones. I found my lost Higgins about a month after I'd lost it. I am a VERY slow learner, but I've yet to lose one while wearing a laynard!

This is a simple tip, but a good one. It is hard to teach yourself or remember to do this, but be sure and try it. Always wet your lips while on a stand. If you have to do a "kiss of death" on the back of your hand, with dry lips, well that is pretty hard to do.

Take care.

Here's another "kiss of death" tip.

If you dip Copenhagen, learn to say "Woof" Sucking on the back of your hand while dipping is a sure way to misplace a good dip. And you can't kill anything while choking like that.

Tim

Tim, if that were me, I would be puking all over the stand. You need to take up "Stoogies."
biggrin.gif

Here is another simple tip that will help. When blowing a closed reed call, or even an open reed call, at the end of each calling sequence, I always turn the call around and blow through the wrong end. This helps to clear the spit, and even in cold weather, it helps to keep it from freezing up.

Another thing I like to do, is always have two calls of the same kind. I like the Crit-R-Calls and I always have two. If I get an off squawk out of one, I will switch to the second call and finish the stand.

FWIIW

Take care.

OK. 1. Tap the spit out of yer call BEFORE it freezes up.
2. Cover your only moving parts (your hands).
3. Don't stand on your snow shoe webbing
it breaks real easy.
4. Don't give your buddy a shotgun for the close ones then set him 10 ft apart from ya (guess where they run)?
5. Break all the rules!!! Like drive right into a gully with your truck, open the window and start callin and then shoot the first yote that tops the ridge (he was a dandy)
6. Take along KIDS, yours ,theirs the neighbors who cares......h2m

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iceman1992
Back