Caribou Gear Tarp

Girlfriend’s First Deer (MT General Season)

HerkHunter

This weekend (26 Nov. 2022) I was able to take the girlfriend out for her first deer, something I’ve been daydreaming about for months now and a huge goal of mine for this season. We hiked some public land and put in over 8 miles round trip. We got on the road at 0430 (much to her dismay) and started our hike well before shooting light to get back to the coulee where I knew they’d be. Shortly around 0800 we met the buck and a doe on a ridge where they spooked towards private. She and I dropped our packs and moved to cut them off where she was granted a 220 yd shot at a fairly steep downhill angle. First shot was a bit high (my fault, should’ve told her to aim a bit lower) but put him down and a follow up right behind the shoulder got her her first ever deer and a new memory for the old memory bank. Not a record buck but not a bad one to be ashamed of either! So proud of this girl. 13EEE445-7B07-4364-A21C-83BE0138A50F.jpeg

This weekend (26 Nov. 2022) I was able to take the girlfriend out for her first deer, something I’ve been daydreaming about for months now and a huge goal of mine for this season. We hiked some public land and put in over 8 miles round trip. We got on the road at 0430 (much to her dismay) and started our hike well before shooting light to get back to the coulee where I knew they’d be. Shortly around 0800 we met the buck and a doe on a ridge where they spooked towards private. She and I dropped our packs and moved to cut them off where she was granted a 220 yd shot at a fairly steep downhill angle. First shot was a bit high (my fault, should’ve told her to aim a bit lower) but put him down and a follow up right behind the shoulder got her her first ever deer and a new memory for the old memory bank. Not a record buck but not a bad one to be ashamed of either! So proud of this girl. View attachment 252456
Way to go. Congratulations

Back