Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Girlfriend’s First Deer (MT General Season)

HerkHunter

This weekend (26 Nov. 2022) I was able to take the girlfriend out for her first deer, something I’ve been daydreaming about for months now and a huge goal of mine for this season. We hiked some public land and put in over 8 miles round trip. We got on the road at 0430 (much to her dismay) and started our hike well before shooting light to get back to the coulee where I knew they’d be. Shortly around 0800 we met the buck and a doe on a ridge where they spooked towards private. She and I dropped our packs and moved to cut them off where she was granted a 220 yd shot at a fairly steep downhill angle. First shot was a bit high (my fault, should’ve told her to aim a bit lower) but put him down and a follow up right behind the shoulder got her her first ever deer and a new memory for the old memory bank. Not a record buck but not a bad one to be ashamed of either! So proud of this girl. 13EEE445-7B07-4364-A21C-83BE0138A50F.jpeg

This weekend (26 Nov. 2022) I was able to take the girlfriend out for her first deer, something I’ve been daydreaming about for months now and a huge goal of mine for this season. We hiked some public land and put in over 8 miles round trip. We got on the road at 0430 (much to her dismay) and started our hike well before shooting light to get back to the coulee where I knew they’d be. Shortly around 0800 we met the buck and a doe on a ridge where they spooked towards private. She and I dropped our packs and moved to cut them off where she was granted a 220 yd shot at a fairly steep downhill angle. First shot was a bit high (my fault, should’ve told her to aim a bit lower) but put him down and a follow up right behind the shoulder got her her first ever deer and a new memory for the old memory bank. Not a record buck but not a bad one to be ashamed of either! So proud of this girl. View attachment 252456
Way to go. Congratulations

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back