MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Gila or bust!

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Well, the truck is packed to the gills. I hit the road at 6:00 am and try to find my way to New Mexico. Chasing elk on the Gila NF is in my immediate future.

If this is anything like the other ten years of chasing elk with my bow, no need to stand by and wait for pictures. My bow has a lot of miles on it, but no notches on the handle.

If for some fortuitous reason the elk gods smile on me, they will let me make amends for the huge NM elk I screwed by son out of last year by telling him the trees were in his way. Doubtful. If there is any justice in hunting, I will see nothing but spikes as reward for that cluster&u@k I made of that opportunity.

I will be back on the 26th, hopefully with blood under my nails (and hopefully not my own blood). If not, I am sure I will have fun in the attempt.

The third season is only a six day season, so not much time to be picky. Like I would be picky anyhow - NOT!

Guess I will have to wait to read Bugler's AZ elk story when I return.

Happy hunting to all!

Good luck, plenty of Elk around.. Northeast of Siver city?... around Reserve, east of Luna... where are you hunting

Good luck! Hope you can at least come back with good photos and video. Even better if you can find one of those Gila monsters!

Good luck Fin! I've seen some damn good Elk in the Gila....late in rifle season when they were spooked to hell and gone....still got a decent 6X6 there due to my superior stalking and shooting skills....only took 15 rounds to finish him....but that's another story!
Stick a guddun!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back