Gift Ideas for Landowners

We usually do a very nice gift basket with a bunch of random cheese/meat/wine/whiskey/bath bombs/etc. The kitchen sink...lol. The ladies we hunt with do a great job putting that together. Along with that we all write a note and put in some crisp $100’s. We’ve found that cash works best for the landowners that allow us access.
Dont usually put in cash but I do the basket with a card and a hand written thank you including the kids.

Any of the items you mentioned, except cash. Maybe times have changed, but cash was not seen in the same light as something you put some thought and time into. Way back in the day, my grandfather appreciated people giving their time more than anything else. Working a cattle ranch is a lot harder and more time consuming than a lot of people realize. It is a 24/7 job. Those who would help hay, brand, fence repair, barn repair, plant, tractor repair, etc discovered more about the ranch than the fact wild life visited it. Some became regular visitors, and friends, through the years.
We have a Ranch in Buckeye Az.
After the Sept. 1st Dove hunt we would all go out and irrigate the fields by hand.
Triple "C" Ranch -Cattle, Corn, Cotton.
Rough life, got'r done... Sold now:cry:💥

FYI, I will have my rates for fully guided Eurasian Collared Dove hunts posted shortly. Trophy rabbits also available, but you better open your checkbook.

FYI, I will have my rates for fully guided Eurasian Collared Dove hunts posted shortly. Trophy rabbits also available, but you better open your checkbook.
If you throw in fox squirrels and lose cats I'm in. I like a mixed bag.

When I first started hunting (UK, no public hunting land) the farmers wanted us on their land, some even offered to pay us to shoot the deer and vermin.
All was fine until the first person stumped up cash, then it all went down hill, now you get people with more cash than you trying to undermine long standing arrangements, and who can blame the landowners from thinking about it?
Thankfully most of the land I shoot over the owners are now personal friends, and we exchange gifts.
But the best gift I have given was this year, I made a hunting knife and gave it to the farmer, he was never the moon.
So along the lines of something that will always remind him of you works.
Mike Duncan on here makes some great fly boxes if the farmer gets time to fish!

All was fine until the first person stumped up cash, then it all went down hill, now you get people with more cash than you trying to undermine long standing arrangements, and who can blame the landowners from thinking about it?
Thankfully most of the land I shoot over the owners are
I'm in the same boat, but every year you have to wonder if the guy with cash is going to be more important than an old friend or relative. Once that starts it's all over.

Any of the items you mentioned, except cash. Maybe times have changed, but cash was not seen in the same light as something you put some thought and time into. Way back in the day, my grandfather appreciated people giving their time more than anything else. Working a cattle ranch is a lot harder and more time consuming than a lot of people realize. It is a 24/7 job. Those who would help hay, brand, fence repair, barn repair, plant, tractor repair, etc discovered more about the ranch than the fact wild life visited it. Some became regular visitors, and friends, through the years.

We have a Ranch in Buckeye Az.
After the Sept. 1st Dove hunt we would all go out and irrigate the fields by hand.
Triple "C" Ranch -Cattle, Corn, Cotton.
Rough life, got'r done... Sold now:cry:💥

My gut feeling in reading the posts on this thread, is that the cattle ranches you two speak of were much larger than the "farms" must others here are talking about and therefore a gift would be more in line than offering to help out around the farm, but I agree with both of you if someone is hunting a working cattle ranch.

In our case, we must obtain written permission from a different First Nation, to hunt their land and carry that permission with us. We either help them, if they need help for the permission or reciprocate by letting them hunt our land. However we are speaking of several thousand acres.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back