GEVO long term?

Sytes

I'm in GEVO w/ 6k shares @ a whoppin $1.26 per share from about a week ago. Currently sitting around $1.40.
As this is a hobby, I would have sold this and made shy of 1k. However, I find myself questioning whether to place my hobby swing trading on hold and actually let this stock ride for the long term...

First off, I AM A ROOKIE and very comfortable to admit this. :eek: Sure, I run the various intraday / swing type "statistics" on the probability to turn out a quick few bucks and I have been having a blast learning and profiting (In the hobby sense).... though this enters my thoughts as a good keeper. In fact, I may be able to convince my wife to break open another hobby amount and tuck this away in our 'folio.

Interrogate it as we all do in our forum banter. Typically there is truth found within the collective content. Look forward to reading your opinions. Good, bad - indifferent.

https://www.google.com/finance?q=NASDAQ:GEVO&sa=X&ei=agrsUtCzO8_toATtwYHAAQ&ved=0CCkQ2AEwAA

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-01-29/branson-s-butanol-heading-to-u-s-as-ethanol-substitute.html

I hope you sold at least 5400 shares at the 1.40 to gain all of your entry back. That would have left you with 600 shares basiclly paid for at today's price of 1.21 at end of day.
I would dump that GEVO if I wanted anything long term.
I personally have MUCH experience loosing money on stocks and know the signs of one about to kick stiff. Look at this chart from the last two years and you will see what I mean. It is heading for all time lows in my opinion. Looks like it has broken thru any support and can just keep going down. Maybe it will get a bit of press and get pumped once more, but I sure would not count on it. Be extra careful on these Penny Stocks. As soon as you make some profit dump them, if you can acquire some free shares with the gains, keep those for the longer haul. I paid dearly for that education for a couple of years. Never ever fall in love with your stock. The only way it will make you any money is when you sell it. If you like the company, just buy back in at the next dip.
Good luck with the markets. I dearly love trading stock, when it is good there's nothing like it!

Attachments

• IMG_3682.jpg
    IMG_3682.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 128
I have not sold it, yet... this was my first intentional move to keep a cheap stock and thought a decent risk for the potential uptick over a few years. I had bought/sold this a couple times prior to the original post then I was in on the current qty when the news popped that Branson (Virgin Atlantic, etc) is the second largest share holder and lead promoter for alt fuels. Further research shows they are in govt contracts as the fuel is currently used by the coast guard and the specialized fuel for military Blackhawk helos.

Interesting method to sell and play the profit as shares - free in a sense. I have simply sold for the $$$ profit to work another stock the next day.

I kick myself on the BCRX deal... And this one gives me the same thought. I'm down .04 a share currently. Not that I would be happy losing big on this... though I accept the risk/reward-loss deal. This is not $ essential. My wife is a great penny pincher, I'm more the playboy in the outdoor toy stores... haha!

Macroaxis metrics wise is not fond of GEVO or so my understanding goes..

The market is enjoyable though I can certainly see how it may be very stressful if using actual necessary living funds. Such as a in home intraday trader. Youch!
Seems I've made much more playing stocks over short periods than letting 'em run a bit. I may sell to keep in the game. Though if I step off another train, oh man... I'll kick myself! Haha! Life of market trading.

After Nemont spoke of shorting I learned up on the basics and did okay though tough to buy enough stock at the minimal required level to profit. Fun though working a completely different angle.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back