PEAX Equipment

Getting Ready for the family hunt.

StrutNut

Well,

Getting ready for this years weekend BP hunt. Last year there where no deer spotted on the family weekend and one shot missed by my 10 year old on a nice buck at 60 yards the following weekend. Trying a new area. Hunting some public ground in north central MN. Hopefully we will spot a few more deer then last year. It has been 4 years since my wife has fired a shot at a deer and my son just had that one chance. We will have fun. Thats the important thing but hopefully some meat for the freezer as the one fawn I shot so far is already gone. Just not seeing the deer like we used to.

We had a great time but did not see any deer. BP was for Black Powder. We had pretty good fog which is always a challenge for hunting deer especially with Black Powder as that stuff seems to find a way into the gun and making them hard to go boom. Both guns worked well when we let the charge rip at the end of the last day. Lots of deer sign, just no deer. We also maybe herd one shot a day as well. Maybe next year.

Attachments

• 2012-12-01_15-19-09_364.jpg
    2012-12-01_15-19-09_364.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 154
Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back