Get the Cattle Out, Bring on the Bison

cj- I would seriously doubt that. Most latino families would be having to have upwards of 10+ kiddies for that to be true. As for the good people part, well I guess if you're in the flock... I will say some can be very arogant about religion and will dismiss a person because they aren't cut from the came cloth (ie garments). But, I do agree that for the most part many of them are good people.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 07-14-2003 07:46: Message edited by: 1_pointer ]</font>

1 pointer i`m not of any particular faith,and i hear people tell me that the mormon`s can be [klanish]if that`s a word, but everytime i have been in utah i have never seen so many happy friendly people, it`s like i`m in the twilight zone! everyone wave`s to you ,smile`s and say`s hi, it`s uncanny how well i`ve been treated up there. i`m not used to seeing so many courtious driver`s maybee it`s because of all of the small town`s i`m going to, but to me it`s a nice change.

You know.. it's funny how people change in thier ideas about things when political pressure is brought to bear... With the Mormons..on of the first changes that come to mind was the change with regard to plural marriages when it became evident that Utah would not gain statehood until that issue was closed. More recently the ability of people of color, expecially red and black, to hold the Priesthood. For years, strictly forbidden.. More recently, as political pressure was brought to bear, that changed. With the Catholics as well as with the Mormons, the proffessions against birth control. When there are so many people on the planet that we don't have room to move, then the churches position on that too will change. You have to consider that population increases geometrically.. 2+2 becomes 8 or ten rather than 4.

cool.gif

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back