Generally speaking, AR accuracy is not very hot.

TomTeriffic

This is generally referring to the rifle and carbine AR's people buy stock out of the box for home security as well as mil-spec AR's. Out of the box bolt action rifles are generally minute-of-woodchuck. Many lever jobs are minute-of-deer. An out of the box or mil-spec AR is generally minute-of-telephone-pole.

This is generally referring to the rifle and carbine AR's people buy stock out of the box for home security as well as mil-spec AR's. Out of the box bolt action rifles are generally minute-of-woodchuck. Many lever jobs are minute-of-deer. An out of the box or mil-spec AR is generally minute-of-telephone-pole.

This is generally an internet discussion forum, not generally intended to be a personal diary for stream-of-consciousness or diatribe...that being said-a telephone pole is generally about 12" wide, can you generally keep an open-sighted rifle of any sort, AR or otherwise, in a 12" circle at 100yds offhand?

No. Only capable of taking a Midwest doe from a heated box blind.

I hadn’t watched tv in like a year and few weeks back I was in a hotel in Billings and the only thing “worth” watching was sportsman’s channel. First show that came on, dude in Texas, in a heated box blind, saying how it’s COLD, down in the 30’s, talking bout how great his sponsored heated full body suit was. I didn’t really get it, like from the atv to the blind? How’s it work? Come to think of it he might have even had a minute of deer under corn feeder ar himself. Hard to say, I was dozing off by then.

It’s been a while but 7 twist with 69 mk’s on top of 25 grs of varget or 77’s over 23-23.5 of varget does pretty good. Prolly not gonna set any bench rest records but plenty good enough for minute of guy trying to hit you in the head skateboard.

i-have-add.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back