Gellin' like Magellan?

Eyeguy

Does anyone use gel insoles in their boots? If so what results do you get? I have a newer pair of boots that are still breaking in. My old pair was very comfortable but are just about worn out. Any experience good or bad?

I have used gel inserts for years. I have a high arch and it helps in that respect, plus the shock absorption aspect. When I picked up a newer pair of boots last year and forgot to buy the inserts for that pair, I noticed my feet were not so happy after the long hikes. I like them.

I have used gel inserts for years. I have a high arch and it helps in that respect, plus the shock absorption aspect. When I picked up a newer pair of boots last year and forgot to buy the inserts for that pair, I noticed my feet were not so happy after the long hikes. I like them.

Thanks. I was also thinking about using them for the shock absorption. My knees don't do so good when I walk on rocky terrain and I think its from the boots pounding the rocks! Hope these help. Any brand you are partial to?

I had custom orthodics made for me by a podiatrist that I wore in every footwear that would allow it for close to a decade. Both sets were lost before they wore out save for the annual neoprene replacement. I think the sets were about $200 a piece which isn't bad when you consider they outlived about 30 sets of running shoes each in that time frame. They open up a lot of shoe fit possibilities for some with a collapsing or flat arch.

I do now. Superfeet and Sole were too hard and too slick creating hot spots. I went to Dr Scholes athletic brand. Gell except for the arch area. Love them. $20 if I remember right.

I used to work in the specialty footwear market and gell insoles do nothing for shock absorption that would affect your jo8nts. Thats usually biomechanics which only orthopedic insoles help. Gel insoles are sort of a smoke and mirrors. Feel good against your feet but dont do much.

I use superfeet hikers now. I tried the gel ones and they take up too much room in the toe box for me. Guess it depends on your boots and wether or not you have room for them.

Back