Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Gear Room - Let’s see yours

Big Sky Guy

Anyone have a great, organized gear room? We’ve been using a shelving unit and hanging packs on wall hooks I installed but I’ve seen a couple ideas that I think may work better. Ours looks nice 10% of the time when it’s all put away but the bins are jammed full so when I need something it all explodes and then isn’t usually put away until after hunting season. This is the best idea I’ve found so far, I’m strongly considering with the grid panels and like the idea of storing down bag hanging to maintain loft.

Attachments

• IMG_0760.jpeg
    IMG_0760.jpeg
    163 KB · Views: 164
This is what we’ve had for the past several years. Just seems there is a better way or maybe we just have too much crap? My actual hunting pack isn’t even in there I usually leave it next to my bed once season starts. There is a lot of duplicate or triplicate but nice to loan them out to friends and visitors 🤷🏼‍♂️. Just seems more like a storage room so getting things out and put away isn’t as fluid as I think it would be with the grid wall setup?

Attachments

• IMG_0788.jpeg
    IMG_0788.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0789.jpeg
    IMG_0789.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 128
My entire house looks like a second hand sporting goods store threw up all over it. I know I have a better reloading section than Sportsmans Warehouse. It is almost shameful. #bachelorlifeFTW

On the positive side, I traded in an older but mostly unused sleeping bag and ultralight tent to REI and got $250 in store credit. It's about the little wins.

My only criticism is it looks like a lot of these people are storing their tents fully packed. I always heard you're not supposed to do that. Pack them loosely folded, especially if you live in a moist area, or you can damage the fabric/waterproofing or get them super stinky with mildew.

I'm too ashamed... Mine is a 10x12 office. Including reloading bench, currently a pile of gear on the floor, a closet full of gear, and 3/4 of the the shelves in my garage are full of hunting/fishing/camping junk. I need a bigger house, and I'd love to have a full bay of my garage to dedicate to all of it.

This is what we’ve had for the past several years. Just seems there is a better way or maybe we just have too much crap? My actual hunting pack isn’t even in there I usually leave it next to my bed once season starts. There is a lot of duplicate or triplicate but nice to loan them out to friends and visitors 🤷🏼‍♂️. Just seems more like a storage room so getting things out and put away isn’t as fluid as I think it would be with the grid wall setup?
You should finish trimming that door. mtmuley

It’s on my list for this winter to finish my gear room. It’s 12’6” x 12’6” with 5’x3’ closet. Shelves like @Mallardsx2 are high on the list. Also a workbench/table, some sort of clothesline system to air out tent and sleeping bags.

Keep posting pictures so I can get more ideas.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back