Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Gear Clearout

At least garage sale people show up and look at your stuff. Marketplace folks take whatever you post and within 15 minutes offer you less than half of your asking price then get offended that you don’t take it.
My cousin told me he does that all the time. He sees something he wants but doesn't need and offers them like half of what they're asking, or even less. I told him next time I see him, I'm going to punch him in the throat for being one of those people. He'll offer someone $200 for pool table they have listed for $2k. He's an idiot.

Last time I sold a truck on FB, I wouldn't even respond to people who had stupid questions or lowball offers.

The free crowd draws the lowest of the low people there...

And I'm your "value engineer" in that business :) Man the people that I deal with, my clients, are all about that "value" almost all the time and it usually just means that they bid it at "X price based on X material" and if I can cut that "X material" to something cheaper, its direct pocket money for them. Funny thing is they usually show very little appreciation when I just saved them 10k on materials and they only paid me 2k.
We know how the submittal game is run seeth. We often bid against gamblers & have seen dozens of them leave the industry while finishing up their messes on their bond or client's dime. We're not perfect by any stretch, but we've paid ample tuition.

My cousin told me he does that all the time. He sees something he wants but doesn't need and offers them like half of what they're asking, or even less. I told him next time I see him, I'm going to punch him in the throat for being one of those people. He'll offer someone $200 for pool table they have listed for $2k. He's an idiot.

Last time I sold a truck on FB, I wouldn't even respond to people who had stupid questions or lowball offers.

The free crowd draws the lowest of the low people there...

I get people wanting to flip stuff for a profit. But yikes.

I’m sure someone could make some money off these as quick as they sold. Just irritating.

If it's a good deal and I want/need it, I'll just tell them I'll take it. If it's not a good deal, but I'm still interested, I might make an offer that I'd be satisfied with.

No harm asking, and no harm being told no. It's the seller's decision ultimately.

I do not like the low-balling type offers looking to waste my time. I usually respond that if they want to waste my time the price will go up. I did that on a house I was selling. The realtor brought me a low ball offer, and I told her to counter offer with a $10k higher price. She wasn't impressed with my logic, but did it anyway. The next offer was for my asking price.

I have sold a lot of stuff on Craigslist and have found that the best way to not sell your thing is to put firm in your add. I price it so I can come down a small amount. A lot of people get offended if you refuse to dicker at all. Even if they low ball I will say the lower price is the best I can do, and be polite even if you want to punch them.

If they tell me my thing isn't worth what I am asking I tell them to buy it somewhere else then, even if they are right.

If it's a good deal and I want/need it, I'll just tell them I'll take it. If it's not a good deal, but I'm still interested, I might make an offer that I'd be satisfied with.

No harm asking, and no harm being told no. It's the seller's decision ultimately.

I do not like the low-balling type offers looking to waste my time. I usually respond that if they want to waste my time the price will go up. I did that on a house I was selling. The realtor brought me a low ball offer, and I told her to counter offer with a $10k higher price. She wasn't impressed with my logic, but did it anyway. The next offer was for my asking price.
Yep, if I get a ridiculous offer, I say, oops let’s start over. Then double the price.

I have sold a lot of stuff on Craigslist and have found that the best way to not sell your thing is to put firm in your add. I price it so I can come down a small amount. A lot of people get offended if you refuse to dicker at all.
Not my experience. If priced fairly and someone knows the value it cuts the BS offers out. Especially on large items like a vehicle.
Some cultures expect to haggle. I have no problem with that and depending where, I am fine with it. Actually love haggling on both sides of buying and selling. Pay asking price in Mexico or the Far East and they will laugh at you as you walk away.

Tijuana exchange by me and seller; how much for that leather purse? Seller; $80. Me; I’ll give you $5. Seller incredulous $5?
Me; incredulous $80?
Now we know the other and it is on.…
Establish price for one. How much for two?
This exchange was 4 for $80.
Haggling 101😂
🤷🏻‍♂️hate me if you want.

Last edited:
I hate haggling and selling stuff to the point that when something needs to go I'd much rather just give it away for free.

100%

I have an almost new pair of Meindl's that don't quite fit me. I hate classifieds so much that I'm just waiting for @rtraverdavis son to grow into them. Should be sometime around 2034.

Sold my truck this week. Guy calls on Sunday asks if I'd take $10,000 cash and he's "ready buy".

Okay, let's meet tomorrow at 4pm.

Monday he sends me this offering for $9k

Screenshot_20230406-102616.png
I send him my inbox letting him know I have several others interested, i don't hear from him so I slide another guy in at 4pm. New guy shows, no fuss, $10k out an done at 4:15pm. Original guy calls at 4:20pm, "where are you, you said 4pm". Sorry bud, go back and look at the messages.

We know how the submittal game is run seeth. We often bid against gamblers & have seen dozens of them leave the industry while finishing up their messes on their bond or client's dime. We're not perfect by any stretch, but we've paid ample tuition.
I just got so sick of the design by RFI and submittal response game I quit. Had a job offer in hand and I gave my two weeks.

Sleeping much better at night now.

Do you think he does that in line then pay with a check????
Yeah. Only thing worse than the old ladies who argue at checkout claiming caviar is on sale are the ones who won't give up the lane till they've gone completely through their receipt tape to make sure nothing extra is on it. "Wake up, lady! People carry guns in Walmart these days. You're taking your life in your hands!"

I gotta say
I’ve sold just a few things on here and rokslide and I’ve bought just a few things on same… they’ve all been pretty painless straightforward deals where I think both buyer and seller walked away happy.
Thankful for that.

I’ve had a a couple of dramas on gunbroker, one in progress at this moment with a delinquent payer.

My biggest issue with sellers, on any site, are the ones that cannot take a decent picture of what they are selling.

Looking to unload a vehicle, clean the samn thing! Take tons of pictures! Even ones of issues, dents etc! Take a pucture of the dash while its running, see no CEL etc!

Selling a topper, tonneau cover, wheels? Even if you dont know what they will fit, tell us what it came off! Now the potential buyer needs to do some light research to see if it fits!

And yea when I sell something, I list it at the price I can come down some and still feel like I didnt hose the buyer.
BAE9B485-F9F9-4D9A-A268-316F8D4E2222.jpeg

Sold this on facebook in a day. Listed it at 6500, settled at 6. This was summer time of 21. 1999 1/2 ton, with 190k miles and ran great. I did a ton of work on it and interior was immaculate. Could have kept it and sold last summer for like 1.4mil!

Back