Gas prices?

little stick in a ram- I would admit neither of your statements being true. I believe the United States deserves to have Presidents that prove the United States is still The World Power. Look at the bottom of Hangar's posts...does that say Leader of the World's largest free society of people? Does it say World Power to you. At most it denotes arrogance or illitist that most on these boards say is a bad thing. Didn't someone define Hypocrite for me...maybe you should read the definition. GWB has not shown greatness. I hope you like the price of gas...maybe GWB is exactly what this nation deserves as they voted for him (the second time).

Matt the Mouth,

The photo under Hangar's posts is doctored up and put on there by Hangar as a JOKE. Get it? There's probably one out there of Kerry doing the same thing or picking his nose. Does that say "Leader" as well?

I like the price of gas. It will lead to conservation, alternative energy research, and a few less atv's in the woods this year. How about you, do you like the price of gas?

little twig in a ram- do you really believe the price of gas will promote alternate energy sources? Do you really believe the price of gas is do to any type of shortage? Do you believe it is anything other than oil companies artificially inflating the price of gas?

I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) but oil companies tried the same thing when Clinton was in office. At that time Clinton threatened to open up reserves and the price of gas quickly fell...I wonder if Bush would do the same thing to his buddies in the oil industry?

Geez! these prices are going even higher here, I remember when i saw gas for $.99 a gallon here. But that was a long time ago.

Matt the Mouth,

Go back and reread Draftstuds post and then comment on it. I don't think your up to the task however. You need to stop reading mad magazines and listening to air america if you want to be at least a little bit informed. Something like CNBC would be a start. Then maybe you would start to grasp complex economic issues. Sure I tune in mostly to watch Maria B's perky tits, but once in a while there is important news to be learned. Good luck and try not to drool on the screen when Maria comes on!

Because the proceeds of this tax are going into the general fund. Like a crack whore addicted to more and more crack, todays government is addicted to more and more tax revenue, and they don't really care where it comes from. I like a glass of wine with dinner, should we tax the piss out of that next so we can raise more dollars for the general fund? Didn't our politicians try to raise the beer tax recently? A few years ago, the libs in Washington State wanted to tax lattes. What a joke. Now if the tax collected from smokers went specifically towards programs to help people quit smoking and to pay for their increased burden on the public health system, well then maybe I would have supported it. But it didn't, it just went for quick fix for the tax whores.

That is pretty much how I see it.

Personally, I usually vote against all new taxes, mill levy's, sales tax etc. The reason I voted for a cigarette tax had nothing to do with the governments spending of the money. It was a personal issue with me. It was actually something my mom and a couple of other people said. They were talking and said "if the price goes up anymore than this I'll either have to slow down on the amount I smoke or I'll quit."

I remember my mom saying the same thing when it hit 50 cents a pack, a buck a pack, 2 and four bits a pack and finally five bucks a pack... She finally quit but had to die to do such....
I don't want to rain on your parade Matt, don't let them kid you on what they will do if the price hits what ever, they will NEVER quit until they want to or they pass on... Sorry...

There are a number of people on here that can remember what happened in the 70's with the price of gas and what happened to the economy shortly there after...
A few of you are too young to actually remember any of it, or weren't around at all.

Price of gas more than doubled, the unemployment rate went up, cost of living skyrocketed and the President at the time tried to put freezes on the economy thru executive order. The pattern looks pretty much as it does now and it hasn't got a lot to do with who is in power at the moment on what will happen and what has transpired so far in the recent past.

Some of you that want to put the blame on one group or another really need to pull your basic Econ books back out of the closet and read up on it, Matt it hasn't been that long for you, so it should be pretty easy.

This is only history repeating itself, and history on this repeat isn’t that far in the past to look up or understand...

92 cents a litre, 3.78 litres in a gallon. 3.78 x .92 = $3.42 a gallon. I'm selling 2 of my kids so I can take the other 2 fishing. Then I'm selling the last 2 so I can go hunting.

Gee Matt. I thought the dialogue that went with Hangar's picture was something like, "Tell the guys with the laundry on thier heads that we're coming and we're pissed and we're bringing the Maytags."....

As with so many things that go on in the world today, I'm not sure that any of us know or understand what's going on with oil prices. I'm sure that the opening market in China has something to do with it. I'm also sure that there isn't much that this country can do about it, exept.. deal with OPEC who are going to make as much as they can for what they have. China seems to be throwing the entire international marketplace out of kilter with their entry into more and more international markets. It will all settle down a bit once the intial bump is over. I don't think it will ever go back to what it was a year ago. Gas prices in the US will see $2.50 and $3.00/gallon consistantly. That stills make us one of the more inexpensive market places in the idustrialized world. Look at France and Germany. When I was in Germany last October, I paid the equivalent of $3.45/liter. Now that's expensive.

Another thing, as the value of the dollar on international markets goes down, that makes American made goods available to more foreign buyers than when the value of the dollar is high. If you want to bring the trade deficit into line, you have to sell more US made goods abroad. You guys have to admit that we can't have it both ways. We can't have a high dollar and lower the trade deficit at the same time.

:cool:

That is fully true Dan...

The timber industry had a high rise in logs for a period of about eight years because the Japanese were paying three times the price for logs as the domestic markets were. After they finally quite buying wood it dropped, but not to the lower level it was just before the Japanese started buying.

DanR,

It's a waste of time trying to explain simple economic details to Matt. He has a degree from U M. You can get that degree from a cracker jack box.

LOL Paul...
I think there was just a wee bit to much playing going on when some one should have studied a little harder when they were going to school... :eek: :)

Elkcheese,

Perhaps you and your grade-school diploma would like to explain the economics of the oil industry?

You dont even have a remote clue on anything...maybe instead of running your smart mouth for the last 15 years you should have WENT to college and finished high-school.

I bet all those years of building cookie ovens, thinning trees, and digging ditches while playing mop-shot qualifies you to run your mouth about the complex business of oil...

You really are a dumbass.

Elky,

I don't think Matt knows how to play. He comes off as a real dud in his posts. Just call him "Mr Excitement". I think it has something to do with his hard drive and limited storage space. Must be genetic, because Buzzard has the same problem. Maybe thats why they like to read Mad Magazine. I must admit, I found Mad Magazines quite stimulating when I was 10.

Ahhhh look, BHR has a new buddy...the elkcheese.

Hey Paul, careful with your new buddy...he's been known to practice beastiality on dead critters...

LMAO Buzz...
I see your collage credentials are shining thru...
You must have been a real party fellow when you were going to school also....

As you would say....

Ahhhh look,
Matt... you have a new buddy, isn't that sweet... ;)

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bonasababy
Back