Gas or charcoal?

Gas grill all the way! To get the taste of a campfire, I save the pruned limbs off my Royal Norway Maple and use the chips in a cast iron smoker box that sits atop the ceramic briquets. Pork takes on a magical flavor when cooked slowly over maple smoke. That's why Hillshire Farms sausage and stuff is so darned good...maple smoke. I use fruitwood also for other meats, and alder when i can get it for salmon...otherwise I smoke fish over cherry wood on the gas grill.

-RW-

Hell 1957, all we have up here is pine, aspen, cottonwood and willow. Not exactly your smokers dream come true. ;)

Gass all the way. Like RW1957, I have used wood chips for the smokey flavor.

I like charcoal way better, but the ease of gas is pretty hard to beat...

Last year we, or LB, started to cook steaks on the gas grill on one of them boards that you soak in water. Made for some mighty tastey and tender steaks.

Buffalo chips!! :D Elkhunter I'd think that with all the cow pie on this forum there'd be plenty of fuel!
Seriously though: I use hardwoods and charcoal. The only gas I use is with a propane or butane burner as in a kitchen range. All else isau natural!!

!!!Buffalo chips!!! EEEWWWWW!!!! I guess that would even maybe could add some good grass flavor, if one really wanted to use little twigs that already had been processed into little pellets, then Moose Turds should be on the menu for sure...

What do they taste like, if you share that I will tell you what grass hoppers and some beatles taste like... ;) :D

Paws, I was planning on cooking a pork roast at the get together on propane. Hope thats ok. don

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chamoy
Back