G5 Montec

ccc23454

after many years with mechanicals, i want to go back to fixed blades and something that was solid and could be resharpened not changeable blades. i found the G5 Montec and ordered 2 packs of the stainless steel version and a pack of practice points. anyone have any experience with them? i plan to use them on everything from turkeys to elk lots of positive reviews around web but until i run one thru a critter i am a little leery i guess...

chris

I have shot them in the past, and they work great. my brother shoots them currently, and had a pass-through on a bear this spring at 40 yards.

I've had great luck with them. With my bow they shoot almost identical to my practice points.

BFin had a great deal on some extras and I was happy to take advantage. Nothing bad to say about them.

When not using a mechanical, I prefer the G5 Montec. Never had a problem or complaint. Not too difficult to sharpen.

I have shot them in the past, and they work great. my brother shoots them currently, and had a pass-through on a bear this spring at 40 yards.

It wasn't a pass through but it did break a rib and the humerus was completely broken in half on the offside shoulder just below its joint with the shoulder blade.

I use them. While I have not yet shot an animal with one, the practice points fly exactly like the sharpened broadheads. They are also very durable.

I have been using the G5 CS the cs is for carbon steel and supposedly sharpens better then the stainless.

I've used the G5 for many years on everything from African plains game to Javalina. Both the 125 on Carbon Express shafts with inserts and 100 without inserts. They fly great and cut very well. You should get a flat diamond sharpener if you don't already have one. They work the best to keep them hair shaving sharp. They also fly true through blind netting. Overall, one of the best I've ever hunted with.
Good hunting......

hey guys thanks for the first hand experiences. i did get the sharpener and am using the 100's in stainless steel. i know carbon steel can hold a edge better but i read a lot talking about they rust real fast and need to be wiped with a solvent to protect them. this matters as here on east coast it rains a lot during early season so one less thing to worry about. the biggest concern i had was just the cutting size (1 1/16" i think) i am use to mechanicals that leave massive holes. just looking at them they seem very well made and solid as a rock so time will tell. hopefully there first kill is a elk this fall :)

Its a very good broadhead, and I've used them for years.Have taken a lot of big animals with them including a bunch of African game and an elk.Real good blood trails if you hit them right,and they hold together real well.Most of the time I can sharpen and reuse after a kill.Its a very good choice for your elk hunt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back