Caribou Gear

FYI Alaska apps

the nikster

Just a quickie reminder that the app process is from November 1 til Dec 17 this year. That is a change. Doors close at 5 pm alaska time on the 17th.

I have put in for moose in 3 areas and sheep in 3 as well-may the odds be ever in your favor!!
(for my wife).
:D
Nick

Nice Hunger Games reference. What happens if you (presumably a Non-res), draw a sheep tag? The moose tag you can do OYO but I thought sheep hunts needed to be guided.

Yes, the reference is for my wife!
I have a reasonable chance on the moose hunts,15% or so. If I get one of those it is totally OYO just as the others have been.
Sheep is different. As you said, nonresident sheep is guided only. My chances there are slim-1% or less. If I am so blessed that I find a sheep permit in my stocking I'll bite the bullet.
I don't think anyone on here would be too upset with me for that!
I will be an Alaska resident in the spring but cannot hunt as a resident until 2014-then the sheep better watch out!,

Always appreciate everyone's kindness by posting the annual "reminder" post. But not really though. Good luck on the draws everyone.

Twenty-five years ago there were few draws anywhere. Now there are draws everywhere. I call that a trend. Don't hate the hunter, hate the draw-unless you win!

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back