Yeti GOBOX Collection

FWP giving up on scientific management

I don’t live in nor hunt Montana, but it’s disappointing to see a wildlife agency, especially one that was once regarded as a leader in management strategies,
When was this from your specific perspective, as one that doesn't live in nor hunt Montana?
I can hear from the Liberals and Conservatives who live in and hunt MT until they're blue in the face and you see where this gets us Montanans... dick whizzing competitions and blame the other.
They will not hear. They'd rather piss and moan about the other then wonder "wtf is with this Red state sweep... well it has to be their fault we lost", bull crap.

Not intended to set you up for triggered reply, unless... well hell, it's an internet forum. 🤣 (Intended as a serious question.)

When was this from your specific perspective, as one that doesn't live in nor hunt Montana?
I can hear from the Liberals and Conservatives who live in and hunt MT until they're blue in the face and you see where this gets us Montanans... dick whizzing competitions and blame the other.
They will not hear. They'd rather piss and moan about the other then wonder "wtf is with this Red state sweep... well it has to be their fault we lost", bull crap.

Not intended to set you up for triggered reply, unless... well hell, it's an internet forum. 🤣 (Intended as a serious question.)
To be clear, my perspective doesn’t come from a long history of experience with the inner workings MTFWP, but more my basic impressions of what you’ve historically had in terms of hunting quality and opportunity in Montana. Maybe it’s a “grass is always greener” thing, but growing up in the 90s my dad and his friends would talk about Montana like it was the Holy Land. Those stories resonate in a boy, and perhaps created a misguided perspective? But it always seemed to me that Montana generally regarded its landscapes and wildlife as its greatest assets.

I know that here in Oregon a large number of our management woes are due to the legislature inserting itself into management decisions, and from what I’ve read here on HuntTalk, it’s the same case with Montana—to put it mildly. Ha. But to the premise of the OP; discontinuing long-term research and extrapolating data from one area to apply in another is blatantly shortsighted and something I would rail against. It very much reads like a path of least resistance cop out.

Eric albus u say the left. I dont think u realize how many Republicans u and gio are pissing off. I think everyone knows that actually hunts public land fwp has not managed well for a long time. Maybe thats why they admitted to giving up and are chasing the money. Hank worsech dont know him personally but iam sure he follows orders well.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back