Fundraiser for My Grand-Niece's Mother Killed by DUI on Mother's Day.

They are in the lower income bracket and have very little credit and only the required insurance. Otherwise, we would not be doing a fundraiser for the funeral. If it happened in Wyoming where I lived they would be in a huge hurt because Wyoming does not require uninsured motorist coverage though highly recommended and is not a no-fault state like Colorado is.
Just thought I would throw that out there as it is stuff I wasn't aware of until after the fact. If they had a mortgage it would be insured. I don't know of a bank that would give one without it. Credit card insurance is optional and in fact I had opted out a few months before my wife died. Rarely used the card and insurance was kinda pricey. Most of our incidental debt was to line of credit (MUCH cheaper interest than credit card!) and it was insured. May have been required.

Wyoming doesn't require mandatory vehicle liability insurance? Wow! That is nuts. Unheard of. The courts must be swamped with litigation. A lawyer's paradise.

Just thought I would throw that out there as it is stuff I wasn't aware of until after the fact. If they had a mortgage it would be insured. I don't know of a bank that would give one without it. Credit card insurance is optional and in fact I had opted out a few months before my wife died. Rarely used the card and insurance was kinda pricey. Most of our incidental debt was to line of credit (MUCH cheaper interest than credit card!) and it was insured. May have been required.

Wyoming doesn't require mandatory vehicle liability insurance? Wow! That is nuts. Unheard of. The courts must be swamped with litigation. A lawyer's paradise.
I misquoted earlier on property. I do not know what the status is but sure a lawyer will advice them when time comes.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back