Yeti GOBOX Collection

Fun with yard pronghorn!

Bob-WY

We have a bachelor group that wanders our neighborhood (all houses on 2 acre lots). They seem to like our weed pile that is right behind the archery target. Funny seeing them stand there!

I've had 2 "fun" events with them - aside from just watching them:

1) Came home one day and I hadn't cleaned up weeds from teh day before when I just tossed them over the garden fence. The nicest buck was there chowing down. Because of the layout, I figured I could get the bow, out the back door and use the green house as a wall and see how close I could get. I had no intention of shooting him, but wanted to know I could if I chose! When I got to the corner of the greenhouse I could hear him chewing, I drew, side-stepped half a step and had him broadside at 15 yards. I could have shot.

2) Yesterday, same buck (I think) was chowing down on the pile from pulling the gardens up, enjoying the tomatoes, beans, squash etc. I had my decoy in the house to fix a leg post and wondered what he'd do when he saw it. I went out the back holding the decoy covering my upper body, so the "antelope" was floating about 3 feet off the ground. At 25 yards he looked, went back to eating. I slowly moved in, he would glance occassionally. I was at about 8 yards when he looked and I think saw my head and bolted. Was fun!

Neighbors say "just shoot him", which feels weird, they say "it's wyoming, go for it"

Last edited:
We have a bachelor group that wanders our neighborhood (all houses on 2 acre lots). They seem to like our week pile that is right behind the archery target. Funny seeing them stand there!

I've had 2 "fun" events with them - aside from just watching them:

1) Came home one day and I hadn't cleaned up weeds from teh day before when I just tossed them over the garden fence. The nicest buck was there chowing down. Because of the layout, I figured I could get the bow, out the back door and use the green house as a wall and see how close I could get. I had no intention of shooting him, but wanted to know I could if I chose! When I got to the corner of the greenhouse I could hear him chewing, I drew, side-stepped half a step and had him broadside at 15 yards. I could have shot.

2) Yesterday, same buck (I think) was chowing down on the pile from pulling the gardens up, enjoying the tomatoes, beans, squash etc. I had my decoy in the house to fix a leg post and wondered what he'd do when he saw it. I went out the back holding the decoy covering my upper body, so the "antelope" was floating about 3 feet off the ground. At 25 yards he looked, went back to eating. I slowly moved in, he would glance occassionally. I was at about 8 yards when he looked and I think saw my head and bolted. Was fun!

Neighbors say "just shoot him", which feels weird, they say "it's wyoming, go for it"
Pics?

Back