Full Brimmed Hats?

Cold out I wear and OR Peruvian.....it was issued at Group and I love it. If it is hot and I'll have a pack it is one of the boonies. No pack then this.....hat.jpg

+1 on the Outdoor Research Sunbriolet. Great sun protection, vented, packable without loosing its shape. The brim could conflict with a pack depending on the frame, especially when crawling on a stalk. That was a factor when I went with Stone Glacier over other packs, good brim clearance when stalking. The brim fits between the frame stays. Me and the sun don’t get along at all.40B014CA-AAE0-4360-9DA3-07E29630613A.jpeg

+3 on the Outdoor Research Sunbriolet for warm weather. For cooler temperatures or rain, I like the Filson Bush hat.

I’ve been eyeing some full brimmed hats due to concerns with sun exposure and fishless kayak fishing trips. Anyone know of a lightweight boonie hat? Like the material Of a Sitka ascent ball cap?

I can't tell you the model, but keeps the sun from burning to hard and the rain from my face.
hat.jpg

R.K: Check out Tilley.com
Their best seller is called the Airflo, and that one works in the heat and throughout the summer. I also have a couple of them that I wear in the winter hunting that are waxed cotton.
They have numerous ones that you would fit what you need. They are washable, they float, and are lifetime guaranteed.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back