Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Frozen Feet - Suggestions Needed

I have a similar issue but not quite as bad. My routine now is - I wear a pair of thin socks with a pair of wool socks on top, my boots go on last to avoid as little sweat build up as possible, if it is just around freezing I will put a foot warmer in my boot (I use the full length warmer), under your foot, if it is below freezing I will put a toe warmer on top as well. I have had no issues what so ever since I began following this routine. hope that helps.

I have dealt with cold feet for years. My problem is bad circulation in my feet. Bad blood flow means basically no heat being generated so no amount of insulation in boots matters. It's like your insulated house without a furnace.....house gets cold without a heat source. I simply throw in the cheap Grabber toe warmers in my boots now and have had 100% success when doing so. If it's super cold I will use 2 sets.

Lots of options above for the feet themselves, keeping your core warm so that the "excess" heat can go to hands/feet helps so paying attention to head/ear/face covering and standing/sitting on insulated materials might add to temperature retention.

I see camofire periodically selling a padded, heated seat. Maybe one for the feet, one for the bum?

(And if it is as you say something that is a constant battle, there are some medical conditions that might contribute to poor blood flow to the extremities. Some HuntTalkers have shared about Reynaud's phenomenon (https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/raynauds-disease/symptoms-causes/syc-20363571) and there can be other arterial/venus flow issues of more major vessels. One sided coldness would sure get my attention. Both sides tends to decrease suspicion of major blood flow blockages from being what is causing OP issues)

Try lacing your boots really loose. If your struggling that much at 31 degrees, it’s probably circulation.

Bata bunny boots paired with yaktrax boot heaters.

My feet are jacked up in the cold. The bunny boots are the ‘best’ solution I’ve found.

Had a friend tell me this years ago about cold feet. He said that cold feet while hunting are often because your feet are too hot in your daily routine. This makes your feet feel cold while hunting because they are accustomed to higher temps and typically more movement. This can be because the shoes or socks you use are too heavy or thick. I upgraded to a higher quality light weight work boot and have never had cold feet again. Just a thought.

Thanks for all the input folks. I think I'm going to pick up some of the Arctic Shield boot covers and a good pad for my feet to rest on to try out first. I've been kind of interested in them for a little while now. Probably pick up some additional footwarmers as well. If the boot covers don't work, I think I'm going to go right to some Mickey Mouse boots.
As for medical conditions, I haven't been diagnosed with anything in specific like diabetes, but maybe poor circulation is the culprit?

BUNNY BOOTS!!!
White surplus, worth every nickel. Keep the airvalve closed unless your flying or takin them over, say, 7500 ft.
Had them in the military on the U P and workin in Antarctica. They work, great for ice fishing too

I have a similar issue but not quite as bad. My routine now is - I wear a pair of thin socks with a pair of wool socks on top, my boots go on last to avoid as little sweat build up as possible, if it is just around freezing I will put a foot warmer in my boot (I use the full length warmer), under your foot, if it is below freezing I will put a toe warmer on top as well. I have had no issues what so ever since I began following this routine. hope that helps.
I do the same. Sometimes I wait until I get to my spot to put on the foot warmers if it's a long hike. I use the thin full length ones and put them between the liner sock and a heavy wool one. Also, I spray my feet with an unscented aerosol anitperspirant if I don't plan to change socks. In addition, I replaced the insoles in my boots with Thinsulate thermal insoles. Good luck.

Poor circulation is most likely a big factor.Something as simple
as your seat is restricting blood flow to your feet. Try a cushion
under your legs. 🔥

For sitting on the deer stand I wear boots that are a little big so I have plenty of toe space and I put a full-size hand warmer in the end of each boot. The toe warmers pads are junk. I have put in feet warmers in the toes and a toe warmer on my heels and that is excellent. If you are walking around that will not work. I have never tried the electric foot warmers/electric socks but they seem like they could work wonders

Cabelas Predator Pac boots. If your feet get cold in those, you've got other problems. I have a pair of the Arctic Shield overboots and am not a big fan. My feet stay way warmer in an oversized pair of Cabelas Predators.

I always end up having to change my socks an hour into each morning hunt. I've tried everything from not wearing my boots until I get to the trailhead to thin socks to thick socks. In the end I just wear my boots, don't turn the heat on my feet in the truck and then know that I'll be changing my socks when my feet start getting chilly. Socks are always a little damp and as soon as I change them out my feet warm back up again. I've taken to carrying two extra pair in my pack. One for the morning and one tucked away with my just in case jacket at the bottom of the pack.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back