Friday's tunes , Remembering Freedom !!

After we went down to Fort Huachuca (Home of the Buffalo Soldiers) for the birth of our granddaughter, on the way home to Montana, we saw a small, home-made sign, that said, "Birthplace of Ira Hayes". Humble hogan, as you might expect...he was just a Pima Indian.

But that's already been posted.

I don't know if our SIL has ever even jumped in combat (if I asked he wouldn't answer) but this is the one that makes my wife cry.

Our garage band drummer joined the Marines in 69 or 70...told me later his guys liked the gallows humor of this one.
We played it at the base. You could hear it and so could the egg heads. Every Gyreen & sailor singing along.

My Chief had a habit of naming each crewman and writing it on your helmet.
Mine had a peace sign over the right ear and a scull and crossed guns over the left. "Duece" with a flag on the back.

Real dudes, real music.

Got to hang with these guys at a musician's conference in Seattle a few of years ago. I had met Terry Scott Taylor decades ago in his Daniel Amos days.

They had a gig fall through and our event promoter let them set up and play on a balcony of the lobby. It ended up SRO in the lobby. Fun deal.

After they played they did a "how to play our songs" clinic.

Gene Eugene wrote "Bless the Broken Road" that I sung at a few weddings. Some cowboy boy band took it up the charts after he died. ;) I always liked Geoff Moore's cover better.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back