Caribou Gear

Friday Story Telling Music

Douglas, as you may know that’s a real amtrack train that still runs today. It rolls through my old stomping grounds in MS. Does it go through your part of Illinois?
Yes, the rail line I believe he’s singing about runs right through my hometown of Champaign and parallels I57.
When I was a younger kid, on our annual Black Friday shopping trips to Chicago my dad would always point out the junkyards and be like “that’s what Willie was singing about!”
In my early 20’s I stayed pretty busy a couple winters hauling seed corn down to the Greenville/Rayville/Lake Village area.
I liked jamming this one when I’d get on 61 headed south out of Memphis.

How do you like me now?

I slapped this one back into the face of my EX, when she told the Judge straight up that 'I had abandoned her to go Play with my buddies when I deployed Desert Shield/Storm. I went from E-5 to CWO in one swoop.

Better looking/nicer girl friend, better job, MO Money afterwards.

She finally got the clue....it wasn't as much me as it was her!

Predictably, I'll choose some Lightfoot considering his recent passing. I'm surprised a bit that he is getting so much attention. I always thought he was underrated, but perhaps the world was paying more attention.

And while "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" is a great story tune, this has always been my favorite

Let's try this one

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jordanhronek
Back