Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Friday night obscure tunes

obscure to whom ? ;)

slow dancing to The Platters Smoke gets in my eyes or jitterbugging to Tutti Fruitti Little Richard are songs that "takes me back" 65 years but are probably unknown to many here, but I only need to reach back approx 50 years to get to a tune that I was recently asked " what does this song mean ? " American Pie Don Mc Lean , but some here should know that one ;) There were many "one hit wonders" thru the years, some not to bad

Anyway, Ken, maybe America Pie if you have time as more people here will know it----or Buddy Holly and the Crickets --That will be the day, if you want to go way back AND connect to another song mentioned .:) Thank you

obscure to whom ? ;)

slow dancing to The Platters Smoke gets in my eyes or jitterbugging to Tutti Fruitti Little Richard are songs that "takes me back" 65 years but are probably unknown to many here, but I only need to reach back approx 50 years to get to a tune that I was recently asked " what does this song mean ? " American Pie Don Mc Lean , but some here should know that one ;) There were many "one hit wonders" thru the years, some not to bad

Anyway, Ken, maybe America Pie if you have time as more people here will know it----or Buddy Holly and the Crickets --That will be the day, if you want to go way back AND connect to another song mentioned .:) Thank you
We sang American Pie at Summer camp. And it became the music for the song in college bemoaning the banishment of kegs at parties.

Now I'm remembering other drinking songs.. Like

The S&M Man​

"The S&M Man" About this soundsample (help·info) is a drinking song parodying the 1972 hit song "The Candy Man". "The S&M Man" is well known and commonly sung by Hash House Harriers, Rugby union players, fraternity members, fighter pilots, and Marines. This song also has been used as a running cadence in the military.[1]

Lyrics and copyright[edit]​

According to the Harry Fox Agency, BMG & ASCAP the song has not been registered for royalty purposes although there is a song titled "The S&M Girl" in the BMG database. Since this is a modern song, it might be copyrightable; however, as a parody, it is a derivative work and could be subject to questions of fair use by a parody.
Like sung limericks, many, if not most verses to "The S&M Man" are bawdy or at least off-color. Each person offers up a verse which was spontaneously created or modified and, also like limericks, the chorus is sung collectively allowing someone time to pick out a new individual to sing the next verse. Each time the song is sung it is different based upon the people present and the verses they remember or create.

In 8th grade I found this old cassette tape. Put it in my deck, slid the volume slider all the way to the right, and exactly 23 seconds later I had a rock'n'roll eargasm. A phone won't do it justice. Listen in stereo. GFR did a lot with channel experimentation.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rgreen
Back