Caribou Gear

Friday music

Several of the gentlemen here on the forum will understand my response Recon6036: are you married and do you like older women ? Do you like to hunt, sail, travel, NASCAR ? Sorry for the bluntness, but at my age I have little time for small talk (-;

Todays "theme" for tunes brought back a flood of memories. I remember during the Viet Nam war I was told some of the fellows over there listened and liked the Animals, We gotta get out of this place. Creedance Clearwater's Fortunate Son was also popular and "fit" in some cases. For the mothers, wives, daughters, and girl friends the song, Leaving on a Jet Plane by Peter Paul and Mary was listened to with wet eyes.

Another going home song that was popular but I am afraid it is a little to "tame" for the Rock and Rollers here on the forum was Green Green Grass of Home. Wagoner or Jones

There are also a couple of great ( IMHO ) going home Gospel songs, but I was told to stay away from making comments about Politics and Religion, so wont name them

A lot of great tunes posted today, which brought back some great memories. Thanks guys!

p.s. Tradewind, another good one--dragging the line---to go with that one---"old man river" is another one that might fit, if one lived on the Mississippi River
Europe, Tom Jones always works

Ever have one of those songs where you just can't make sense of the lyrics? Even when I've read what some of the lines mean according to Bruce Springsteen, (yes, that's who wrote it) I still don't understand this song. Then again, a lot of songs don't make sense. Maybe it was just an attempt to rhyme as much as humanly possible?

Last edited:
Ever have one of those songs where you just can't make sense of the lyrics? Even when I've read what some of the lines mean according to Bruce Springsteen, (yes, that's who wrote it) I still don't understand this song. Then again, a lot of songs don't make sense. Maybe it was just an attempt to rhyme as much as humanely possible?
I always sing it the way the karaoke God's intended... Haha! I've been advised and shown some form of opinionated, "proof"... that the lyrics I sing are not accurate... Heresy, I say!

Ever have one of those songs where you just can't make sense of the lyrics? Even when I've read what some of the lines mean according to Bruce Springsteen, (yes, that's who wrote it) I still don't understand this song. Then again, a lot of songs don't make sense. Maybe it was just an attempt to rhyme as much as humanely possible?
Early in his career, the Boss wanted to be Dylan w a thesaurus. He tried to rewrite the Odyssey, set in New Jersey. Characters w names like Magic Rat, Crazy Janey, G Man, the Maximum Lawmen and Hazy Davey raced deuces and other sleek machines out past the county line toward Greasy Lake. Songs like Spirit in the Night and Jungleland sought miniature epic status. Bruce moved from regional to national success when he lost the thesaurus, abandoned his cast of characters, trusted the E Street band and said what he meant, in songs like this:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back